Current Page: 1 of 3
Next up: Orient (A)
Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 08:51

Apologies for the brevity of this preview but I am currently en route to Tenerife on a fact finding mission to examine continental football techniques.

We are playing well, scoring goals and have competition for places.

If this doesn't give us confidence going into every game, nothing will.

Next stop sun beds, cerveza and satisfaction from a good performance in that London.

Hasta luego, amigos!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2018 15:26 by mini_andy.

Orient away
Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2018 23:59

With Orient’s form picking up and particularly a win at Dover they will have their tails up and will want to stuff old foe Tranmere.If we continue to play like we have been doing I think we can get a result and send a message to the rest of the league .we need to win and pick up points to keep the pressure on the rest
In theory we could go top if results go our way but as MM says concentrate on one game at a time and it will happen.
Wonder if Toillet will play a half?

Re: Orient away
Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 07:29

I reckon Tollitt will play maybe a half as you suggest. I think we'll get a 2-0 win, Andy Cook and James Norwood scoring.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 08:02

I think we’ll win today. Cook and Nors are on fire at the minute.

If results go our way, we could be top by 5pm!

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 08:23

I'm going for a sneaky 1-0 with dodgy ref and linesman going our way.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 08:28

I think both Wrexham and Macclesfield will win, so I'm not getting excited about going top (just yet anyway!). We need to get something out of the game to stay in touch. My heart says a narrow win, my head's plumping for a draw. Some exciting/nervy fixtures coming up for all those scrapping it out at the top (as exciting as it gets down here!). It's one of those games today, that if we win, my heart will think we're going to be champions, my head will remind said heart to calm down, there's a long way to go yet! I'll be listening to the game on mixlr for the first time; would have made the trip, but my son has a game himself this morning (it's always a tough decision, watching my beloved..........or watching my son!). To be fair, my son would have sacked off his match to travel to Orient, but she who wears the trousers was having none of it reminding us of commitment to the cause; she doesn't get it! Ah well, enough of my personal waffling, c'mon the Rovers! Oh yeah ......and good luck son this morning!

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 08:48

We need a win to show our rivals that we are really going for the no.1 spot. Come on Rovers.1-3.

Re: Next up: Orient (A)
Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 09:20

I have gone 2-1 for Rovers in the Prediction League!

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 09:31

Hard one to call, Orient looked decent in reverse fixture in torrential rain but, we have improved considerably since then.

I know with RT in goal we haven't lost but, we have conceded 5 goals. Consequently, I am going 2-1 Rovers.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 10:12

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Hard one to call, Orient looked decent in reverse fixture in torrential rain but, we have improved considerably since then.
I know with RT in goal we haven't lost but, we have conceded 5 goals. Consequently, I am going 2-1 Rovers.
Jack I think Davies will start. MM mentioned he needed a fitness test on his kicking but he will I think want him back if at all possible.
Unaccountably nervous about this one - it's a bit trite to say it's a must win game but we need to keep the pressure on the teams above us and those with games in hand. Going therefore without 100% conviction for a 2-1 win also....

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 10:25

Very tricky one ,Orient playing well at last poxy weather happy with a draw 1-1 or 2-2

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 10:27

Quote:
Jack of all Trades

And concede none in two of those games....

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 10:40

That Macauley Bonne has been finding the net recently for Orient. If we can prevent him from scoring today then hopefully the Rovers will win.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 10:54

We are in that difficult situation were three or four consecutive wins would put us back on par but where falling behind Wrexham,Aldershot or Wrexham substantially reduces the prospect of promotion.It will be close this season with a cluster of teamds within a few points of top.
We are good enough if we can maintain form but Orient are better than their position suggests

Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 11:35

Tough one, but when the going gets tough, the rest you know. Come on Rovers.

Posted by: acc928 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 11:35

Head over heart says Rovers will earn a hard fought point today. Daggers to beat Shots at home and we climb up to third. Throw in a home win for Dover v Sutton to cancel out one of their games in hand. Wrexham and Macc both at home, I know what my heart says but the head wins...

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 13:30

Quote:
mb53trfc
Tough one, but when the going gets tough, the rest you know. Come on Rovers.

We lose on penalties or in the playoffs?

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 15:15

Macc one down to guiseley. Hopefully they're having a major wobble now

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 15:47

Good grief. Just moved to top of the table. However briefly!

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 16:04

Quote:
853OKG
Good grief. Just moved to top of the table. However briefly!

Yes, just staring at it now just in case it changes!! C'mon Rovers and c'mon Yorkshire!
Spoke too soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 16:18 by Phil65.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net