Daggers gate
Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 18:54

According to football web pages the lowest gate this season was at D&R yesterday.10 yes 10!!!!!

Re: Daggers gate
Posted by: Old Yeller (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 19:10

Spotted that yesterday, so I checked other sites and the actual attendance was 1500-ish.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:41

What the hell is going on at daggers? Their season is falling apart. Problems within the club???

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:27

Hi ,HKR ,just read that due to fans wanting a member of the board gone and supporters placarded at games ,the main backer has pulled out the club and took his money with him ,so they have sold the 3best players that will keep them going to the end of season ,it’s in the non League paper today (Monday)

Date: 13 February, 2018 06:24

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Hi ,HKR ,just read that due to fans wanting a member of the board gone and supporters placarded at games ,the main backer has pulled out the club and took his money with him ,so they have sold the 3best players that will keep them going to the end of season ,it’s in the non League paper today (Monday)

Thks fifty, looks as if the daggers fans having their say have caused these problems....anyway thats one less team for rovers to worry about coz back in the summer I was predicting rovers daggers n shots as the top 3... hoping barrow can get a result tonight vs sutton utd.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 18:53

Daggers Fans need to be careful what they wish for, we already have Chester & Hartlepool struggling. Their gates are not overly generous never much above 2,000 last season and I believe noticeable lower this season.

Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 13:30

Whitely gone to Ebbsfleet now too! One of the best in this league, I can see daggers hitting real issues very quickly

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 14:21

Its sad for Daggers and their fans because in John Still they have one of the best managers in non-league. He has managed the promotion of three clubs into the football league.

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 18:22

With the teams relegated to the national league recently York Hartlepool and the daggers have money problems and that might include Orient too
Cheltenham escaped quickly and did not have to suffer life without a parachute payment so although not knowing Rovers finances it would appear the Palii have done a great job keeping us financially stable enough to contend for promotion

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 20:08

It looks like they are having a fire sale of their best players

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2018 09:24

The worrying thing is that after our relegation from the FL the parachute payments (two years?) increased considerably.

Date: 17 February, 2018 10:28

That goes to show how well our finances have been managed since our relegation. Well done Mark and Nicola.

Date: 17 February, 2018 10:33

Ive heard the next Daggers player that could be on his way is Michael Cheek. Would rather have Cheek than Alabi as an extra striker ( if needed ) for our run in.

Date: 17 February, 2018 10:46

I wonder it Daggers would be interested in swapping Alabi for Cheek?. If that happened, no prizes for guessing who's getting the better deal

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2018 13:03

Quote:
hong kong rover
Ive heard the next Daggers player that could be on his way is Michael Cheek. Would rather have Cheek than Alabi as an extra striker ( if needed ) for our run in.
I saw a rumour that Cheek and another striker might be heading to Ebbsfleet
[www.kentonline.co.uk]

Date: 17 February, 2018 13:10

Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
hong kong rover
I saw a rumour that Cheek and another striker might be heading to Ebbsfleet
[www.kentonline.co.uk]

Thks for that info. If they end up losing all their best players then that really is gonna hit the club very hard.. If John Still remains then this, in the twilight of his management career, could end up being his toughest job yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2018 13:14 by hong kong rover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net