94 points
Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:35

This is the maximum we can get. Obviously this isn't goint to happen but if we could match last seasons 29pts from the last 13 games we would have 84pts.

So what does everyone think ?
Would that be enough to win it ?
Could we better that 29pts ?

Re: 94 points
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:06

Quote:
2 the moon
This is the maximum we can get. Obviously this isn't goint to happen but if we could match last seasons 29pts from the last 13 games we would have 84pts.
So what does everyone think ?
Would that be enough to win it ?
Could we better that 29pts ?

We're going to win the next 12 on the trot then get beat at home on the last day,but does that defeat spoil the party?

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:52

I reckon as low as 84/85 pts could be enough to take the title.. since the NL/conf went to a 24 team league, which was about a dozen years ago now, the lowest pts total to take the title was Burton Albion with 88 pts in 2008/2009 season and they took the title that year losing 12 games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 11:15 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:25

Quote:
hong kong rover
I reckon as low as 84/85 pts could be enough to take the title.. since the NL/conf went to a 24 team league, which was about a dozen years ago now, the lowest pts total to take the title was Burton Albion with 88 pts in 2008/2009 season and they took the title that year losing 12 games.

Agreed. 85 or maybe 84 with goal diff. I just can't see anyone breaking from the form they've had all season.

We seem to be the only side that's been consistent since we sorted a few things out at the end of the autumn

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:41

Maccs have got the hardest run in with games against Aldershot ,TRFC,Boreham and Dover
Sutton only face Aldershot the last game of the season apart from that there is no reason they cant win the rest .As mentioned on another thread the only reason they wont be promoted is down to the plastic pitch .Imagine if they win the league and we come second .That could quite possibly mean auto promotion

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:55

If we come 2nd to Sutton somebody gets a reprieve from league above

Date: 13 February, 2018 15:59

Why worry about the league above as long as we get promoted by default

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 16:02

Quote:
dicko111
Why worry about the league above as long as we get promoted by default
didn't u get that we can't get promoted by default. So if forest green where nxt to bottom they would stay up

Date: 13 February, 2018 16:13

I didnt read it like that but if thats the case its still down to the play offs

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 18:37

94 points would be a miracle if achieved, only 1 point less than last season and including our appalling start in August & September.

I have predicted (only to myself) a 90 point final total based on W11 D2 L0.

I appreciate this is also a tall order but, you have to kept believing. The cornerstone of my prediction was winning all 7 remaining home games taking 3 points off Bromley, Macc & Aldershot.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:45

Plus 90 points, Aldershot are my favourites at this stage

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 21:49

We will not win all our remaining home games-I think we will lose at least one and draw at least another one. It is away where we need to vastly improve our results.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 21:56

I suspect we will finish on between 80 and 86 points, which might be enough, the league is very unpredictable this season, winning our home games is essential (particularly against Bromley/Macc/Shots). Either way goal difference could be very important if only to decide final position for the playoff games. The next 12 weeks are going to be to be a roller-coaster and somewhat stressful.... SWA

Posted by: SeeJayKay (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 11:23

Does anyone have stats from this point in previous seasons so we could compare and extrapolate from the current standings?
Currently bored in work so if someone knows where to get league table data I’ll gladly have a go.

Posted by: Old Yeller (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 16:07

After 33 games:-
2015-16 we had 54 points with a gd of 11, eventually finishing 6th with 78 points.
2016-17 we had 66 points with a gd of 21, eventually finishing 2nd with 95 points.
2017-18 we have 55 points with a gd of 21.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net