Current Page: 1 of 3
Wirral Live 2018 or Mayweekender?
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 22:34

25 26 and 27 of May is or will be Mayweekender at Prenton Park not sure what it consists of but something to do with live bands? If it is must have dropped the Wirral Live handle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 22:36 by BELMONT.

Re: Wirral Live 2018 or Mayweekender?
Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 08:56

Shawly it will be run better this time

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 09:27

Quote:
Loyden1
Shawly it will be run better this time

Lol

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 14:11

I think they should get HKR over to run the gig ,he knows his music ,unfortunately my knowledge ceased when Buddy Holly , Elvis ,little Richard snuffed it ,

Posted by: shankstheman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 14:32

The problem with announcing something like this so late in the gig calendar you end up with artists that nobody really or only a few want to see. All the big pulling acts have already been booked on the festival merry-go-round, alongside their own national/international tours. With the exception of Little Mix last year, this proved to be the case and also the sound system last year was awful. Propose August, book by November and start selling in December. This way you might get decent artists and advertise further a field to attract more ticket sales, this is only my opinion and not at all a professional one.

Date: 15 February, 2018 14:49

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I think they should get HKR over to run the gig ,he knows his music ,unfortunately my knowledge ceased when Buddy Holly , Elvis ,little Richard snuffed it ,

Hi fifty I know sod all mate but I will say have a massive blues n rock fest n get all the old boys in and make a real weekend of it that could last for years to come. I remember the old kent custom bike show on romney marshes In kent years ago when I lived in london.. loads a bikers riding into town and spending loads a money comparing bikes and above all else, listening to quality music from bands that were booked in for that weekend. Music that will never die unlike the one off girlie band shite that was on offer to the wirral public last summer Which proved to be a complete financial catastrophe...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2018 15:04 by hong kong rover.

Date: 15 February, 2018 15:18

Music that really matters

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 15:50

Worse still for the world ofMusic HKR the spice girls are coming back what has the world done to have these cretins inflicted on it ,did I read somewhere that posh spice (what a contradiction in terms that is) will join up if she doesn’t have to sing ,yippee to that ,but what would be the point of her joining ,oh silly me could it be money I wonder gosh I am getting cynical in my old age ,

Date: 15 February, 2018 16:06

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Worse still for the world ofMusic HKR the spice girls are coming back what has the world done to have these cretins inflicted on it ,did I read somewhere that posh spice (what a contradiction in terms that is) will join up if she doesn’t have to sing ,yippee to that ,but what would be the point of her joining ,oh silly me could it be money I wonder gosh I am getting cynical in my old age ,

+100

Posted by: TimmySoft (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 18:28

THey could get my band to play, although we don’t do covers and we aren’t really family focused!

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 20:06

I've got a feeling HMHB might be on the bill....

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 20:26

I was talking to one of the Wrexham directors the other week and he told me they rent ot the ground for 2 days, but this year it's going to be 3, and a company pay them 5 figures, relay the pitch and they get to do the catering. It sets them up for the year.

Surely that's what we shoul be doing.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 21:28

Like them or loathe them, little mix made us the majority of our money* at last years event. therefore, logic would say, going with a modern pop act will return the most £££.

*lost us the least amount

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 22:42

Quote:
aktrfc
I was talking to one of the Wrexham directors the other week and he told me they rent ot the ground for 2 days, but this year it's going to be 3, and a company pay them 5 figures, relay the pitch and they get to do the catering. It sets them up for the year.
Surely that's what we shoul be doing.
That would seem to be the low risk approach, and brings certainty of return and seems to be the way to go. We have a venue, we can make the £££ and give the risk to a company who is experienced at running events.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 08:28

Quote:
mini_andy
Like them or loathe them, little mix made us the majority of our money* at last years event. therefore, logic would say, going with a modern pop act will return the most £££.
Probably cost the most to put on too!

Bigger appearence fee, more security required due to bigger crowds and unless the lemonade / coke was as expensive as the beer? The bar sales would have been down too.

Rovers were basically ripped off by devious event organisors ... Plain and simple!

Madness are a lucrative prospect and have been doing these types of shows for nearly 40 years, so my guess is they may have made a profit on their appearence.

The Libertines seemed well supported also, so I would suggest that the club settled for a percentage with risks, and it backfired on them?

Bet they dont make that mistake ever again though?

*lost us the least amount

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 09:29

Quote:
Cybertron
That would seem to be the low risk approach, and brings certainty of return and seems to be the way to go. We have a venue, we can make the £££ and give the risk to a company who is experienced at running events.

That is the only approach which can work.

If there is money to be made, an experienced company will be looking for venues to rent. Given that an experienced company will run it more efficiently, the income from renting can be the same as the total income from trying to do it yourself.

If there isn't enough money to be made by experienced people to bother, how are inexperienced people going to make a profit? We might get the venue for free, but efficiency savings elsewhere would more than off-set that.

The experienced companies will know where the market is. Does Birkenhead have a bigger potential market being next to a big city, or a small market though being close to an Arena and other large venues? Something that works in Wrexham might not in Birkenhead (and the other way around), so why not market ourselves to the promoters and see if any bite, rather than arranging this ourselves.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 11:19

I hope they can find a way to make it work. I went to see Madness and loved it. Plus the other two gigs were a decent money spinner for me in work.
I can't say to much about how it should be done as i really haven't got a clue about it or why it apparently went so disastrously wrong.
The flyer for this year says 'the worlds hottest artists' so we shall see, said artists could of already been booked.

Posted by: shankstheman (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 11:19

Is it the venue or is it the acts, my opinion is that it is the time of the year they want to put it on and the time of the year they start thinking of putting it on. It is far to late to be booking decent attractions in such a small space of time and if you do attract any decent acts they will want purse due to it being short notice

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 12:23

Just out of interest, where is the information about those dates from?

There is a new event in Warrington that weekend, organised by a tour promotion company, called Neighbour Weekender. It's a two-stage two-day concert which is sold out (despite having Noel Gallagher and Courteeners as headliners).

Given it's the same weekend, and a similar name, as a new festival supported by Radio X which is central within the North West, I wonder if there is some reason why that event needs to move - perhaps the council no longer allow the event, or they want to move to a 1-stage over 3 days event and Victoria Park cannot accommodate that.

There's no evidence at all there is a connection between the two events, but it would be interesting to know where this May Weekender details are from to see if there might be a connection (with either the event, or the promoters)

https://nbhdweekender.com/

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/17/171107b.shtml

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2018 13:53

To disclose the part loss of money last year .The entertainment manager who got sacked
apparently bought 20,000 bottles of J2o but never had them sale or return and were given out to the local community free of charge as they never sold

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net