Current Page: 1 of 2
maccs form
Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 11:46

Interested to see that Maccs have exactly the same results as us over the last 10 league games, played 10 won 6 drawn 3 lost 1.
I was impressed by their result at the shots on Saturday until I saw that the shots had a player sent off after just 4 minutes and they were awarded a pen, when did we last have a player sent off against us, and when were we last awarded a pen?
Do you think Fylde will give Micky a copy of the 6-0 drubbing they handed out to Maccs.
Much prefer games coming thick and fast, waiting a week between games is almost torture, looking forward to Tuesday night and am feeling confident.

Re: maccs form
Posted by: Rovers90 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 12:03

50/50 on there sending off i've watched the highlights can see why it was given but in theory possibly ruined potentially ruined a good football match.If it happened against us then we would be screaming for a red card, but with these refs it would of been given a free-kick the other way (Sm6)

Last player i recall getting sent off was Wrexham at home and looked what happened sad smiley as for a penalty i cant recall one given to us this season

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 12:19

very harsh decision and very harsh red card.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 12:37

Last pen was Fylde away. That was one to forget!

Posted by: Rovers90 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 12:39

When was the last penalty in our favour at PP?

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 12:41

If Fylde can beat them 6-0 then I reckon we can beat them too.

Were the team on a run of 9 wins at home, why shouldn't we fancy our chances?

I think Mellon will have the players revved up for this one, however, Harris tends to get himself overexcited in big games and we need to ensure we don't end up with 10 men.

I've read on here that Macc go all out attack away from home, that worries a little with our lack of pace in the back line.

We do need to stay focussed and use Tollett and Ginelli to the max when counter attacking.

Going to be a hell of a match though!

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 14:11

Here’s hoping Mac and sutton get a hold of Nathan Blissett as he’s big and looks quick.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 14:30

This is the game I am very wary of .they always do well against us for some reason and despite trouble not being paid .they have not sulked and had a bad attitude they are just getting on with things .the mark of a team together ,not to bothered about the other hopefuls, so if we can win Tuesday we are on our way .cant afford a defeat Tuesday and maybe 1point on Saturday at Maidstone .not been at our best lately so need to play really well Tuesday ,

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 15:49

Had anyone read Deadly Submarine 's viewpoint.
Although predicting a 1-0 win he reminds us that these big games at PP are often a signal for Rovers to switch off.
I really hope he's wrong and we romp home 3-0
Although we are on a good run ,results wise, we are not playing as well and scoring as freely since Banks and DMH left.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 16:09

Blissett whilst on loan here did very little and didn't particularly impress although, he scored a good equaliser against Grimsby on the TV game in our first season.

I don't remember him being particularly quick but always a concern now with our lack of pace defensively.

We have to pressurise from the off and dictate our style of play and most importantly take our scoring opportunities.

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 17:30

I put this on the wrong thread before. My sincere apologies...

I think now is a great time to play Macclesfield. It's not clear whether they're over their wobble. The last two games they won but only just. The first against a struggling side and the second after being a man up for over 85 minutes. 

No one comes close to the string of results we've put together. We've got to be favourites tomorrow night. 

Should be a great game from two quality attacking sides

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 21:00

They are vulnerable but I would hope we play Clarke to take them on the bresk

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2018 22:02

Quite happy if they go at us, we struggle when people try to stifle the game.

Posted by: efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2018 09:21

Quote:
rossb07
Here’s hoping Mac and sutton get a hold of Nathan Blissett as he’s big and looks quick.
He's far from quick, Bambi on ice more like, and spends more time on his @#$%& than anything, and woeful in the air for such a big guy. Steeeeeve's got a pocket waiting for him!

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2018 15:12

I hope he's just as bad as that then! smiling smiley

I do remember him not being great for us but he could've improved.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2018 19:34

Quote:
efc0trfc3
Quote:
rossb07
He's far from quick, Bambi on ice more like, and spends more time on his @#$%& than anything, and woeful in the air for such a big guy. Steeeeeve's got a pocket waiting for him!

And cue Phil Wilkinson on Wirral radio......Blissett through one on one for the hatrick, he’s scored! (Sm1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2018 19:35 by Higgosboots.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 00:06

If someone said that on Wirral Radio, some people might be wishing they did stop broadcasting permanently, because nobody would enjoy tuning in to hear about some average ex-loan player, trashing your teams hopes of winning.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 08:03

Effectively its Maccs game in hand tonight away to Maidstone. Here's hoping they drop points. If they win, then its gonna be real tough for Rovers to finish top..Aldershot n Sutton both have home fixtures tonight and hoping they both slip up but dont think they will.

Posted by: Wirral Mike (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 17:33

Yes HKR there will be more than a few nervous checks of the scores tonight but at least we will then have a more realistic and truer picture of where we stand when more teams will have played 36, btw best of luck to Chester tonight let's hope they do themselves and us a power of good by beating Dover

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 21:01

Postponed due to an accident blocking m25

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net