Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: maccs form
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 21:36

Quote:
hong kong rover
Effectively its Maccs game in hand tonight away to Maidstone. Here's hoping they drop points. If they win, then its gonna be real tough for Rovers to finish top..Aldershot n Sutton both have home fixtures tonight and hoping they both slip up but dont think they will.

It became tough when they thumped us 4-1, Rovers winning the league isn’t gonna happen realistically, even before Mac play the game in hand we need both Maccs to loose 3 games that we win, Sutton 2 and Aldershot a draw, we have to win every game left to. Hopefully the editions are with the playoffs in mind.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 21:54

Quote:
Loyden1
Postponed due to an accident blocking m25

Ironically it was postponed because the accident prevented many Maidstone players getting to the ground. Both Macc and the match officials arrived in plenty of time and were ready to play.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 22:08

Feel sorry for the fans who made the effort. Did something similar happen to us last season or was it another ground down south. The team had to walk in the rain somewhere

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 22:30

Quote:
Loyden1
Feel sorry for the fans who made the effort. Did something similar happen to us last season or was it another ground down south. The team had to walk in the rain somewhere
That was Woking last season, there were lots of roadworks and traffic congestion around Woking at the time.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2018 08:18

It appears that the macc game was a late cancellation last night. Some of the maidstone players couldnt get to the ground in time coz of accident on M25. Macc team and fans were at the ground. I think the argument is that some of the maidstone players are part time and cant get away from their day time jobs in order to get to the ground in sufficient time before kick off, but that doesnt wash with me. Surely they can get away from work a bit earlier on matchdays, Plus, if it turns out that some of their full time players were not at the ground in time then I think that is NOT ON and therefore maidstone should be punished for not being able to fulfill the fixture. The home team players and the home team club should be prepared for ANY kind of event or accident that may arise and should all be at the ground on matchdays in plenty of time. AFAIK the M25 is notorious for hold ups n delays so why arent alternative routes thoughr about? Bloody part timers!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 08:34 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2018 17:39

I don't blame the Maidstone players as I guess they were just sticking to their normal routine; whether this routine is adequate is another question.
The part-time argument might hold some weight, but god forbid they have to play a hastily rearranged game away at Gateshead on a Tuesday night; a few sickies required to make that one!
Mind you, if you were a Macc fan/player who'd made the trip, you'd be mightily pi##ed off to say the least!
Rumour has it, the Maidstone youth players were hastily sent home just in case they were made to play!

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2018 21:22

Quote:
Phil65
I don't blame the Maidstone players as I guess they were just sticking to their normal routine; whether this routine is adequate is another question.
The part-time argument might hold some weight, but god forbid they have to play a hastily rearranged game away at Gateshead on a Tuesday night; a few sickies required to make that one!
Mind you, if you were a Macc fan/player who'd made the trip, you'd be mightily pi##ed off to say the least!
Rumour has it, the Maidstone youth players were hastily sent home just in case they were made to play!
I did have a thought that they went full-time at the start of the season, but maybe I am confusing them with another side. Interesting to note from the manager's interview they could have been forced to play 11 vs 7 if they had 7 players.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net