Luke Garrard
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 07:10

At one of the smallest clubs in the division this very young, novice manager at Borehamwood seems to be quietly going about his business and doing a decent job. Think he is the youngest manager in the top 5 divisions. Has just signed an extension to his contract and was awarded manager of the month for January. If he carries on at this rate then he might end up being manager of the season.

Re: Luke Garrard
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 07:26

Or maybe Bromley boss HKR another one doing a really good job

Date: 21 February, 2018 15:24

How much do the Borehamwood n Elstree public want league football??? 464 turned out at Meadow Park last Saturday to see them beat Gateshead and last night, again at Meadow Park , even less with 428 to see them defeat Maidstone and move up to 4th in the table.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 15:56

2 years ago I was ridiculed on here for saying John askey at macc was the best manager in this league for building a new team every year from scratch and consistently getting them top 10 .

I think the way he motivated and changed his team at half time last night proved my point. Although Danny Whitaker is meant to be an awesome motivational speaker

Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 16:49

Quote:
the kav
2 years ago I was ridiculed on here for saying John askey at macc was the best manager in this league for building a new team every year from scratch and consistently getting them top 10 .
I think the way he motivated and changed his team at half time last night proved my point. Although Danny Whitaker is meant to be an awesome motivational speaker

I think one good test of a manager is whether their team generally plays better in the second half of matches once the manager has seen how the opposition play. Another good test is the ability to build a good, settled side and not to recruit a lot of players who are then not used. Another test is the ability to change games via substitutions. Another test is to have good corner and free kick moves worked out and to take advantage of the extra training time that professional sides have. All managers make mistakes, of course, but the fewer mistakes, the better the manager.

Date: 21 February, 2018 18:43

Quote:
the kav

Seems to be a few Macc fans voicing concern on their fans forum that Askey is going to take on the vacant managers job at Grimsby.. I understand Phil Brown has turned down the job at Blundell park. I would be surprised if Askey would leave Macc at this stage of the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net