John Askey
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 18:55

there seem to be a few Grimsby n Macc fans saying that Askey is very soon to be announced the new boss at Blundell Park. ive no idea if this is a load of old pony but will have to wait and see I suppose. would be surprised to see askey leave macc at this stage of the season. I understand that phil brown has just turned down Grimsby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2018 18:57 by hong kong rover.

Re: John Askey
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 19:07

Can’t we announce him as our new manager 🤗Like you HKR can’t see it happening he is the club ,been there for a long time if Macc go up they will be on par with Grimsby .he won’t leave if they have a brilliant chance of promotion

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 19:41

If he leaves will he say goodbye playmates

Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2018 20:47

If he has been offered the job then it would be a horrible decision to have to make.

Grimsby would possibly have more potential than Macclesfield, definitely fan wise (3 and a half thousand last home game during a bad season).

But Macclesfield are in a strong position to be promoted and could then have a good chance at cementing league status.

But it could be all rumour of course!!!

Posted by: Itsalldownhillfromhere (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 09:51

Blimey, thats one for the over 55s!! (Fo those under 55 look up Arthur Askey)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 09:52 by Itsalldownhillfromhere.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 12:20

Quote:
Itsalldownhillfromhere
Blimey, thats one for the over 55s!! (Fo those under 55 look up Arthur Askey)
I thankya

Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 13:44

If Askey is offered Grimsby he will go end of. No loyalty in football, bills have to be paid, any of us would do the same, with the Macc finances being what they are he would be a fool to stay on.

Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 13:52

He would have to have a death wish to go to Grimsby given their fans treatment of Paul Hurst. Got them promoted only to be hounded out of a job within weeks of life in the EFL because he was clueless. That clueless he is now on the cusp of taking the Shrews in to the Championship whilst they are in free fall back to the NL.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 15:43

Askey to Grimsby, I don't think its going to happen.. On another note, I noticed that a former Macc player from about 12 yrs ago is this Graham Potter chappie that manages this Swedish side Ostersunds FK. He has never managed in the UK but he appears to be getting some rave reviews about his managerial style and the way he gets his Ostersunds side to play. His only managerial job so far has been with Ostersunds and he has taken this side right up thru the divisions in Sweden ( 3 promotions I think ) and got them into Europe and all in the space of about 6 years I believe. I didn't see their 2nd leg vs Arsenal last night but heard they played and did very well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 15:48 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 18:25

And to think chester and wrexham enquired about askey, he has a habit of leading suitors on to send messages to his chairman about how availible he is but he never leaves

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net