Gateshead
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 13:38

Our opponents this coming Saturday were involved in quite a game yesterday at Leyton Orient in the FA trophy quarter finals. Orient were 3 up with 20 mins remaining and it ends in a 3-3 draw. The replay will be at Gateshead this Tuesday, so with them being involved in a midweek game this will hopefully work in Rovers advantage this coming weekend. 3 of yesterdays FA trophy quarter final games ended in draws.

Re: Gateshead
Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 13:48

Quote:
hong kong rover
Our opponents this coming Saturday were involved in quite a game yesterday at Leyton Orient in the FA trophy quarter finals. Orient were 3 up with 20 mins remaining and it ends in a 3-3 draw. The replay will be at Gateshead this Tuesday, so with them being involved in a midweek game this will hopefully work in Rovers advantage this coming weekend. 3 of yesterdays FA trophy quarter final games ended in draws.

If the weather is as cold as is forecast for the coming week[and possibly beyond]I doubt if many[possibly any] matches will go ahead at our level and below.

Date: 25 February, 2018 14:09

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover

If the weather is as cold as is forecast for the coming week[and possibly beyond]I doubt if many[possibly any] matches will go ahead at our level and below.

Ive just seen the forecast for the coming week in UK, Hoots.. blimey, looks like its gonna get cold. Its being dubbed as the Siberian express that will hit the UK.. 20 degrees in HK today, just to let u know lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2018 14:14 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 14:47

HKR 20C or 20F bit of a difference?

Date: 25 February, 2018 14:51

Quote:
Jack of all Trades

20 C Jack

Date: 25 February, 2018 14:55

Pretty pleasant then?

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 15:04

We need all the help we can get we never beat that lot at home

Date: 25 February, 2018 15:10

Beat them 3-1 first season admittedly lost 1-0 last season, in possibly one of our worst home performances.

Confident of a win however narrow (1-0 or 2-1)

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 15:31

Go the same .narrow win 2-1

Posted by: Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 15:50

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

20 C Jack

It was 20c here today (in Liverpool) ... oh, hang on, that was in my living room!!

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 00:10

Was 20c some kind of weird TV channel you were watching on satellite broadcasting? A TV channel accessible to "special" / "privileged" viewers only (Sm6)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 17:17

Tuesday game is off

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 19:56

It should be a comfortable three points.If there is still a chance of automatic promotion this sort of game must be won. We had a get out of jail card on Saturday of the sort that tends to crop up against a team on a dire run. Hopefully we will not play as badly again.The adage is never change a winning team but does that hold true when the win masks a poor showing?

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 00:04

However sometimes you might change a winning team if a very influencial player was back from injury or a new luxury signing had just joined.

Put it this way if Cook or Norwood had missed the game with a knock and Mellon had won, could you see Mellon or anyone else not picking either one of them for the next game, if they had been injured but were available for that post-win match, especially if Mellon used a different second striker who did not score or assist?

I think anyone in that instance would alter something and Mellon will almost certainly go with McNulty again because he was absent, but only due to what might happen if he played on 4G.

However in many circumstances the old adage does serve well and your assertion about using it in light of the nature of Saturdays win will remain to be seen. Personally I could him at least going with Mcnulty over an alternative if no other changes are made.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 28 February, 2018 05:06

On the subject of the weather in the UK at present, see that during last nights Peterborough v Walsall game, the Posh players helped out by sweeping away some of the snow from the pitch markings to allow the game to carry on, the game could have been abandoned. Also sitting, and probably shivering, in the main stand at London Road last night was Steve Evans. He had earlier resigned as manager at Mansfield and he looks almost certain to take over from Grant McCann who was sacked the other day..I reckon Mansfield are pretty miffed that he resigns to immediately take on a new job at another club, especially with Mansfield being in a healthy position in league 2..Some people say that in football, you have to go where the money is, which I agree with to an extent, but where is the loyalty now in football ??? There was talk the other day that John Askey might be going to Grimsby, and this being at a critical stage of the season and also with Macc having every chance of achieving promotion. I wonder what Macc fans would have thought if he had packed his bags and gone to Grimsby? How would us Rovers fans feel if Micky was to suddenly resign to go to another club or what would Shots fans think if Waddock were to do the same?

NB. When Evans was appointed Mansfield boss, on a two and a half year contract, back in November 2016, these were his words on the day of his appointment.."We are ( Evans and his assistant ) going to live and breathe this project ( getting Mansfield promoted. ) It's a very passionate management team that the fans have got now.." What a complete load of bollox, where does Evans passion lie now? Does he really care whether Mansfield get promoted or not? And i wont listen to all this@#$%&talk of 'ive got the club going in the right direction now.' All of us, as fans and supporters, have heard all this kinda talk and@#$%&for so long now in football.. passion, loyalty, carrying out promises, seeing out contracts??? Personally, I feel the whole situation about contracts for players n managers is a complete joke.. Can't fault Evans on his managerial record and statistics, he has got a few different sides promoted before but he has often gone where the money is and in some cases when the money has dried up he just quits. I dont believe in walking out mid-contract, you sign a contract then u should see it out unless that contract is terminated. All this nonsense about having clauses, and all sorts of other crap, intertwined into contracts is ridiculous. Its the same with the whole modern day transfer situation with all the different arrangements tied in with the transfer. What happened to the days when a transfer was just a simple transaction? For a club of tranmeres status, if we were to receive 100k for a player up front in a straightforward transfer it would be better than seeing us get 125k for that player and that money was to just trickle in over a period of years and in some cases we would never see the money anyway. On a similar note, here in HK, the hong kong jockey club monopolise all betting and gambling within the territory. It is illegal to bet outside from them. That being mainly football n horse racing. The jockey club also control the mark 6 lottery here which is held 3 times a week. Ive heard from some sources that if a person were to hit the jackpot with 6 straight magic numbers then the only way u will see the full amount is in installments paid out by the jockey club over a number of years or even decades. If u want the full winnings up front then the jockey club would offer you something like 80% of your winnings. Again I am not sure if this is true or if this would be a similar set up with the uk lottery. If I were to hit the jackpot i would have the 80% up front ,if I went the other way I might be 6 feet under before all the installments have been paid out.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 08:49 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 10:16

Hope you feel better after relating your feelings HKR !๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Date: 28 February, 2018 13:05

Ive just been having a look on a Mansfield Town fans forum ( Stagsnet ) and they are really laying into Evans. Calling him a fat odious greedy @#$%&,, and that's being polite, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 13:12 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 13:30

Bloody hell HKR .your definitely not sleeping well you must have been up all night for that one ,but you are right contracts and loyalty donโ€™t account for anything in football anymore .i only watch the premier League now while doing other things .i am fed up of these diving ,praying. play acting idiots that have spoilt the game ,they donโ€™t care about the club no little or nothing of the history of the club ,itโ€™s just about the money ,they know if they leave some other idiot will sign them ,they spend more time saying their prayers than chasing the ball ,I blame the public ,they make gods of these people who then actually believe they are god like . Oh my god I am HKR in disguise

Date: 28 February, 2018 14:44

I wonder what Ricky Miller will do now? Stay at Mansfield or go back to Posh along with Evans?

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 19:56

The public (see Fiftyears post) is only reacting to the hype and propaganda pumped out by Sky.The proposals for changes in the FA cup to accommodate a mid winter break yet again will cut out potential revenue to smaller clubs.Typically they are wrapped around pious claims that this will aid the national side, When football was first bought out by Sky it was claimed that the influx of foreign players would improve our national side but there is always a stream of hollow self justifing excuses for so much that is done by the premier league.More than anything it is the lack of investment in grass roots football that under pins much that is wrong in our national sport.
In a perverse way,despite all the frustrations,it adds to the pride of supporting a team like Tranmere

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net