Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Maidstone perspective
Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 06:45

Think we all agree that it was a fantastic 3 points. Normally I'd be concerned about how we got them, but I've come to realise that it doesn't matter in this league. For all the good play we have had in games, it doesn't always get you the result. If Mac can win the league with some dodgy results, then why can't we. 5 wins on the run and we could be there about.

Re: Maidstone perspective
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 23:54

Quote:
the kav
he knows he is lucky not to have been summonsed to prenton park for a sunday morning sacking, given that he sent a team out with a ready made excuse for failing .

With respect why would he know that or even think it?

The guy is in the playoffs after being in the bottom ten four months ago, if he wasn't sacked then for that start to the season, why would he have considered being sacked even if the team had lost? They would still be 6th and giving the owners a chance of promotion, providing the team could hang on to the playoffs.

Football is luck anyway in some cases and I don't remember too many people berating the manager when Tranmere beat Barrow with a glut of goals in less than 10 minutes, because they were buzzing about a glorious comeback and when some penalties or referee decisions haven't gone the teams way sometimes, maybe the team would be 3-4 points better off now.

Macclesfield scored really late, or Tranmere would be two points closer to them, so why isn't Askey being singled out as a lucky man and given a bit of stick for that, because then it looks like he's entitled to luck but Mellon isn't.

Mellon said what he said and in essence to say it's 10/10 for effort getting back into it, might sound a little pompous given the way the game panned out, but you almost certainly wouldn't get that result, by spending the last 10 minutes with 5-6+ players looking a bit disinterested, because they think there's nothing in it for them anymore and they just do light jogging, or walk a lot and don't hassle, harry and pressurise the opponent, like they might have done earlier in a match scenario and I'm referring to just a general come from behind kind of game not specifically the Maidstone one when I said that.

Mangan did express laudable sentiments and it is about getting 3 points now in a clean and resolute manner, not necessarily trying to play like a slick well oiled machine and out think the opposition.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net