Current Page: 1 of 2
O/T Rolling Stones on tour at Old Trafford Football Stadium in June
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 23:14

Stones start on tour in May17 at Croke Park followed at London Stadium also in May 22 then Old Trafford Football Stadium on June 5th then Edinburgh Cardiff and Twickenham before heading to Europe starting in Berlin plus four other dates.(Sm60)

Pity they missed out Prenton Park(Sm20)

Re: O/T Rolling Stones on tour at Old Trafford Football Stadium in June
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 03:47

Not coming to Prenton, never mind Belmont, YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT. But I reckon WILD HORSES won't be able to drag you away from Old Trafford. I am sure Belmont that on June 5th you will be able to get your ROCKS OFF and SATISFACTION will be guaranteed...

I've always thought the Stones were at their best when they had Mick Taylor on guitar, there are some magical live recordings from the Taylor era.. I remember seeing Mick Taylor ( also with Snowy White on guitar ) at the Southport Floral Hall Theatre back in the early 90's.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 14:21

I used to love them but it's all over now they got rid of that girl singer ruby Tuesday she wasn't to blame. .
Over to u phil65

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 16:56

I actually live near one of the venues. My partner keeps moaning about painting our front door which has faded into a horrible rusty colour. I might leave a tin of black paint outside the day they play and hope for the best.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 23:57

Will they serve brown sugar in the catering outlets, whilst you're just waiting for a friend?

If Mourinho possibly lost his job would any of the stones have sympathy for the devil?

Okay admittedly that last sentiment may be a tad harsh.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 28 February, 2018 13:55

Always loved the 'Sticky Fingers' album from the Stones and my fave track on that album is 'Sway'. A great track and Taylors guitar solo at the end of that tune is pure orgasmic ear candy... greatest guitar solo in the history of rock music , 'Emerald' by Thin Lizzy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2018 14:23 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Old Yeller (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2018 21:06

Went to see the Stones at Knebworth in 1976 and slept through the whole concert. They came on stage very late at the end of a long day!! At the end of the show, I spent the whole night wandering around campsite looking for my tent, eventually finding it at 7 a.m.
Happy days!

Date: 01 March, 2018 06:31

Quote:
Old Yeller
Went to see the Stones at Knebworth in 1976 and slept through the whole concert. They came on stage very late at the end of a long day!! At the end of the show, I spent the whole night wandering around campsite looking for my tent, eventually finding it at 7 a.m.
Happy days!

Lol, On you tube there is some great footage of Lynyrd Skynyrd, who were also on the bill at
Knebworth 1976. Brilliant versions of their songs 'Freebird' and 'T for Texas.' Defo worth a watch for all rock music lovers..

Date: 01 March, 2018 12:20

Yes, remember listening to Lynyrd Skyrnrd - I was still awake at that point.

Date: 01 March, 2018 14:51

Quote:
Old Yeller
Yes, remember listening to Lynyrd Skyrnrd - I was still awake at that point.

lol nice one, that mad hot summer of 1976, reckon the UK could do with a bit of that weather now eh!

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 01 March, 2018 16:20

One of the best concerts I ever attended, Lynyrd Skynrd Liverpool Empire 73 or 74?

Date: 01 March, 2018 16:31

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
One of the best concerts I ever attended, Lynyrd Skynrd Liverpool Empire 73 or 74?

worth going on you tube to see 'freebird' from knebworth 76, Jack..its magnificent, the crowd are rocking out and not a single mobile f***ing phone lofted in the air.. a year later was the lynyrd skynyrd air crash.. ive just been having a watch n listen myself before i go to bed.. wish we still had bands n music like that today..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 16:47 by hong kong rover.

Date: 01 March, 2018 17:01

Yes, It was a memorable performance from LS. Made up for sleeping through the Rolling Stones set. I (partly) blame 10cc for that as they were on before the Stones and probably bored me to sleep.

Date: 01 March, 2018 17:24

Thanks HKR, for pointing me to the youtube clip of Free Bird from Knebworth 1976. What memories!

Date: 01 March, 2018 20:14

Making me jealous guys .while working in butlins Clacton in 76 biggest act we got was emille ford and the checkmate !

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 March, 2018 23:15

Quote:
Loyden1
I used to love them but it's all over now they got rid of that girl singer ruby Tuesday she wasn't to blame. .
Over to u phil65

Oh no not you again, come on Loyden, don't start me up, have some mercy, mercy.
Ah well, time is on my side and you seem like salt of the earth so I'll doo, doo, doo, doo, doo it, but I can't do this each and every day of the year. Tell me, do you think we should encourage Fifty to contribute, to paint it black?
Oh, shine a light, it's the Mrs, she might be my biggest mistake, but everybody needs somebody to love. That reminds me, I should be walking the b!tch, sorry I'll rephrase that, walking the dog.
Without being too rude Loyden, I'm getting worried about you as, little by little, I think you're becoming fixated; next you'll be saying let's spend the night together! It's all getting out of control and I think you'd better move on.
By the way, you can take it or leave it, but this is the last time I do this, I'm moving on.
Well, I'm out of time, I think I'll sleep tonight!
Streets of love, yours truly, the midnight rambler.

I can almost hear you sigh, it's complicated, but there are 32 song titles.
p.s. I'm not stoned!
Hang fire, that's 33! smoking smiley

Date: 02 March, 2018 00:00

But Phil I wasn't a skin u to give me shelter I was just waiting on a friend and I miss you.are u calling 50 a midnite rambler cos iv got sympathy with the old devil.iv been for a pint cos my Mrs is under my thumb she's a honky tonk woman.. . . . .

Date: 02 March, 2018 07:51

If it ends up being the Wembley play off final for Rovers then lets hope our Scottish manager is more suitably attired for the occasion this time around. On a glorious sunny day, Rovers romp to victory and as soon as the final whistle goes, Mickey, in his bobby dazzler Wembley suit, leaps thru the air giving a large fist pump to the thousands of Rovers fans..JUMPING JOCK FLASH.

Date: 02 March, 2018 08:03

Johnny king was always dressed for wembley back in the early 90s. Shirt, tie n TRFC blazer.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 04 March, 2018 11:58

Spot on HKR .a bit of pride in the club and occasion. all the players wore their suits.looked the part .i remember going to Barnsley and the team got off the bus .it looked like a tramps convention ,not good this was circa 1994/5 I think Nothing up with Emile FORD AND THE CHECKMATES Loyden I seen them myself I went to see Johnny kid and the pirates at Blackpool F.C. club and he got killed next day go on say it typical miserable 50 and no he did not commit suicide after meeting me (I don’t think so anyway ) but I did have one of my uneasy feeling as I went in

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net