New striker rumoured
Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 12:38

Saw this from our sticky thread reporter Kenny Crons that we might be bringing in a forward ?

If we get it right, would be good to bolster the forward options for the final 10 game run in as goals seem to have dried up recently (with exception of Cook) !

Re: New striker rumoured
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 13:27

We seem to be raiding FGR for players at the moment, do they have any out of favour strikers that Mark Cooper is preparing to let go? Their 2 main strikers appear to be Doidge and Reid. See that Mark Cooper signed 10 players back in January, so it seems he is offloading a few..eg Monthe and Traore to TRFC... It won't be Omar Bugiel coz he has gone out on loan to Bromley from FGR for the remainder of the season and has played 6 times for Bromley so far without scoring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2018 13:36 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 17:03

He could leave bromley and either play for us on the pitch or in the kop band !

Posted by: frenchrover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 18:02

Hope that's not your Last Post, Loyden. πŸ˜‚

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 18:10

Keanu Marsh-Brown??

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 18:42

Keanu Marsh -Brown decent player but, doesn't score enough goals. Rumoured to be a bit of a handful and another who has fallen out with Mark Cooper big time.

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 18:47

And he’s a winger.

What we need is a mobile centre forward to give Norwood competition.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 19:07

Quote:
frenchrover
Hope that's not your Last Post, Loyden. πŸ˜‚
no trumpet voluntary for me frenchy

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 20:29

Keanu Marsh-Brown?

I've heard he takes after Keanu Reeves and Rodney Marsh.

Unfortunately Keanu Reeves was rubbish at football and Rodney Marsh couldn't act.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2018 23:46

What are saying, that Keanu-Marsh Brown trips over the ball too much and rolls around trying to get a penalty? (Sm6)

Clearly combining the skills of his namesakes.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2018 15:59

No sign of a new striker then! Need Cook and Norwood to remain injury and suspension free for the remainder of the season. Macc have just signed a striker on non-contract terms for the rest of the season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2018 16:15 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2018 18:21

There's a guy at Dover who seems to be surplus to their requirements. I think he is called Alabi!

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2018 20:21

I'd have no qualms with mangan as backup. In reality there's nobody who could come in for cook such is his goalscoring prowess but at least mangan could do the running of nors.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2018 22:29

I hear that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is at a loose end at the moment...

Posted by: efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2018 14:49

Quote:
DevonExile
There's a guy at Dover who seems to be surplus to their requirements. I think he is called Alabi!
If anyone can find him! I believe he's a no show again!

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2018 19:47

Quote:
efc0trfc3
Quote:
DevonExile
If anyone can find him! I believe he's a no show again!
It seems to apply to quite a few signings this year with so many having a brief walk on part and then forgotten. It leaves a sense of real doubt about how we might recuitment/retain this close season

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net