Re: Realistic expectation for the rest of the season
Posted by: roger mellie (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 15:42

22 more points
The Play Offs
A few beers in The Green Man
And promoted at Wembley

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 16:34

Realistically the playoff's hopefully in 2nd or 3rd, I have optimistically predicted 8 Wins 2 draws from the remaining fixtures given a figure tally of 87 points which, would be 8 points less than last season.

Our very poor start August through to end of September has definitely cost us.

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 17:30

Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Realistically the playoff's hopefully in 2nd or 3rd, I have optimistically predicted 8 Wins 2 draws from the remaining fixtures given a figure tally of 87 points which, would be 8 points less than last season.
Our very poor start August through to end of September has definitely cost us.

We’re in the realm of pure fantasy to think there will be no further defeats. I hope I’m wrong but realistically I can see us losing at least 3-4 of the last 10. Hope I’m wrong !!

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 17:34

Hardly putting your reputation on the line there are you? This is a very difficult league to get out of. There's a couple of good clubs over the water.

What is it about "this club" that you don't like? Management and ownership changes so it can't be them. Players come and go. The only fairly constant features for the club are the fans and the stadium.

What should we do about them?

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 17:36

A lot of you seen to be a little pessimistic.
Don't worry, be happy.☺☺
Yes we made a total c!!k up in the Macc game but who's to say that they won't bottle it.Can they afford promotion with 1500 gates when top of the league?
It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and I can't see her,let alone hear her yet!!!

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 17:46

The likes of Accrington .Morecambe Fleetwood ,in fact most of League 2 survive with Lower gates than we do mostly 1800 -2500 .i think Lincoln as usual have the best .but somehow they keep going these clubs

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 19:05

Fourth place finish I think.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 20:48

The question for me is what position represents an acceptable season
Sometimes a sugar daddy club can do well as a consequence of throwing money at a team that others cannot match.Sutton,Macclesfield ,Boreham Wood and Aldershot are not in that category.Thererore we have an equal chance of success.
So what in terms of the manager represents an acceptable performance?
Last year MM had to claw back the poor early autumn period under Brabin.He did that pretty well other than losing the plot in his selection and set up at Wembley
Paradoxically this year we have been struggling to overcome yet another poor first quarter.
Have we made progress this year? Is there a sense of building something stronger?
This is not a pop at MM but I expect that most Chairman evaluate the work of a manager over time. So for me the question is what is the minimum that we have to achieve to say that the manager has done a sound job?

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 20:59

I think Sutton will pip Mac’s to the post and we will get beat by Mac’s in the Playoffs and Wrexham will win the Playoffs. Well that’s what happened after my 2nd pint of bitter anyway.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 21:07

Quote:
TranmereFan
I think Sutton will pip Mac’s to the post and we will get beat by Mac’s in the Playoffs and Wrexham will win the Playoffs. Well that’s what happened after my 2nd pint of bitter anyway.

smiling smiley 6 more pints and a couple of whisky chasers and we'll be champions!

Date: 08 March, 2018 21:25

Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TranmereFan

smiling smiley 6 more pints and a couple of whisky chasers and we'll be champions!

I’ll give it a go now Phil!

Date: 08 March, 2018 22:41

Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TranmereFan

I’ll give it a go now Phil!

Lol! Beer goggles are the new rose-tinted glasses! Bottoms up!

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2018 23:51

Eighth position is we're we will finish not because of the efforts of those around us,but because of our failings in must win games and the next ten games are all must win games.

Date: 09 March, 2018 06:50

Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TranmereFan

We are going up! Say we are going up! It’s happening! 🍻🥃⚽️⚽️

Date: 09 March, 2018 07:44

Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TranmereFan

We are going up! Say we are going up! It’s happening! 🍻🥃⚽️⚽️

An early morning lol! Brilliant!....... look out for the hangover of reality though!

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2018 11:56

Quote:
BELMONT
Eighth position is we're we will finish not because of the efforts of those around us,but because of our failings in must win games and the next ten games are all must win games.

On the bright side, ifyou don't have a season ticket you can save yourself £100ish for home games and twice that for away games if you include travel, because clearly you know the next 10 results.

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2018 12:47

Quote:
BELMONT

Pretty much every game since the autumn has been a must-win just to get back into contention so I'd say they have performed under a lot of pressure.

Eighth seems unlikely as it would require a mid-table team to win two or three games more than us.

If we'd started well this season we'd be pretty much over the hill by now. If we don't go up Micky's number will be up if we don't hit the ground running next year.

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2018 13:07

What are you all worrying about I have put macc in my acca so that should see them lose, we just need to win and no team will win all of the remaining games, so until the fat lady sings

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2018 15:45

Just been having a look at Rovers results this season. We currently sit 5 points clear at the top of the home table with 12 wins, 2 draws, 4 defeats and sit in 9th position in the away table with 5 wins, 8 draws, 5 defeats.. Interesting to see that those 4 home defeats came against sides that currently occupy the top 7 positions in the full table. The only team that currently sit in the top 7 that have yet to play at Prenton so far this season is Aldershot. This topic, of how we fail against the top sides, was touched on a few weeks ago on the forum but just want to highlight that our home results record this season against the top 7 is dire. Out of those 6 sides, along with us, that sit in the top 7, we have played 5 of them at Prenton so far and we have only taken just the 1 point, that being the 2-2 draw with Borehamwood..

The top 7 in the table at present and our HOME results vs them..

Macclesfield - lost 1-4
Sutton united - lost 0-1
Aldershot - yet to play
Tranmere - N/A
Borehamwood - drew 2-2
Dover - lost 0-1
Wrexham - lost 0-1

We have actually done better playing away to the top sides than we have done at Prenton. It might be Fortress Prenton but certainly not versus the top sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2018 15:52 by hong kong rover.

tRe: Realistic expectation for the rest of the season
Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2018 16:01

Quote:
BELMONT
this must be a contender for most negative post of the season

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net