Current Page: 1 of 4
Ah well Who is going to win the World Cup?
Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 21:49

With all this no football on, might as well chat about some Cup in Russia?

I’m going with Argentina! and Messi top scorer for the Tournament.

Re: Ah well Who is going to win the World Cup?
Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 22:43

Back to lay is Denmark at over 100-1.

Think they will get out of the group and could surprise someone in the next round.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 22:59

Who cares ?

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 23:40

Quote:
Tranmere69
Who cares ?
they might bring home the bacon.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 00:31

Panama, just for being in the tournament must have a chance; but I seriously doubt they will win.

England have the best chance in ages. A group with a novice team in it and a tournament with no Holland or Italy. Two big teams not making it and Argentina sailed close to missing out, so how confident would they be?

Spain getting rid of Lopategui at the eleventh hour, after his confirmation as Real Madrid manager and bringing in a swift replacement, Could that affect team unity and play in to other teams hands.

Still a solid lineup of teams in the tournament, but without the two aforementioned big teams, possibly the least skillful collection of talent in a World Cup for many a year.

Pretty much all the top 20 FIFA ranked teams in the competition, of which England surely is one, muight think it's their best chance to win a big tournament in years, regardless of how many they have or haven't won in the past.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 08:17

As Tranmere69 says who cares ,used to enjoy the World Cup and the FA cup but now in both cases just don’t care I think it’s due to the antics of these spoilt ,overpaid prima donnas I seen a car yesterday with the England flag on rear doors ,and thought “poor deluded sod”.but if asked I think Belgium might win it ,.but don’t discount Russia ,if Putin wants to win it Who knows .i would wear asbestos gloves when opening doors ☠️

Date: 14 June, 2018 08:41

I care 😂 I quite like the World Cup! It’s the only time I watch the national teams other than the Euros. Looking forwards to a month of football! ⚽️⚽️⚽️

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 08:47

Love the world cup.

The kits, the stadiums the fans. Minnows facing off against the imperialists of the game, that random player who lights the tournament up and the stately pace of international tournament football. Players kissing the badge and meaning it.

Bring it on

Date: 14 June, 2018 08:48

Oh and Uruguay are my outside tip

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 09:48

No way

Posted by: cabletastic (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 10:27

Germany is my sensible bet, Belgium my outsider.

Date: 14 June, 2018 11:13

Quote:
trfc-boi
No way

Two goal scorers and a lively midfield, should avoid Germany and Brazil if they win their group and they should be up against Portugal as a way into the last 8.

Worse outside bets in there.

Posted by: Dupak (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 13:06

I'll be going for Uruguay as well then, as mrGr33n13 has proved a master of common sense and thought provoking logic in the last few weeks. He can't possibly be wrong.

Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 13:18

I'm really looking forward to it. Putin will use it as a vanity project but which country wouldn't. I imagine if it were held in England we'd have politicians and royalty crawling all over it to show how great they are. We can just enjoy the football.

Posted by: Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 14:21

I always seem to watch the first few matches and then get bored.

I honestly couldn't name a single England player.

My best memory is Aldo's argument at the 1994 World Cup against Mexico with the 4th official ... brilliant!! And he scored.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 15:33

Don’t forget it’s starts 4pm today Ko time .

Date: 14 June, 2018 15:42

Just watched the opening ceremony... very erm.. well Manchester arena with Robbie Williams really, wasn’t Russia anyway...

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 16:06

France or Germany for me.. France have some good exciting players and if they gel I think they can match anyone. Problem with France in these major tournaments is that there is never any in-between with them. They either fail spectacularly with lots of internal football politics bollox and big bust ups and fall outs within their squad/camp OR they do very well and go far. I think they can win it this year...Never write the Germans off though, preparation for these big tournaments is very important and the Germans are always prepared well..Teamwork is their main strong point and it always has been, they also have a manager who understands the world cup, they never give up and as they often do, they don't pick their best players, THEY pick their best team, and this has been proven in this tournament with Joachim Low leaving out Man Citys Leroy Sane from his squad. you never get brilliant German sides but you always get typical German sides and typical German sides win things...

Date: 14 June, 2018 16:08

got the Russia v Saudi game on now, I didn't see the opening ceremony... crappy Russian joke... I hate Russian dolls, they are full of themselves.

Date: 14 June, 2018 16:12

the ruskies are 1 up with an early goal

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net