New away kit for 2018/19 season
Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2018 20:13

Rovers family day Sun 1st July with the release of New away kit as voted for by supporters.

Re: New away kit for 2018/19 season
Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2018 21:02

And the 2 new goalie kits!

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 09:11

Just revealed outside club shop....
It’s everton blue with white print, white band at end of arms & neck area, white shorts, tbh I would of preferred more imagination than traditional blue white associated with Tranmere colours...
No pictures up just yet

7/10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 09:26 by trfc-boi.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 09:20

Just seen it on Twitter...jeez, we look just like Everton! Voted for by the supporters club apparently.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 09:26

why dont we stick with last seasons home n away kits,, we got promoted in them.

Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 10:31

Some of the colours for the away kit recently I haven't liked much but I do like this one.
Its our traditional colours so gets a thumbs up from me.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 11:16

Like the kit hate that rubbish badge!

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 11:18

Quote:
TranmereFan
Like the kit hate that rubbish badge!

Agree with that

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 13:26

I noted 2 years ago that that badge will be slowly slipped in to replace our proper badge, nicola denied it.... looks like i was right

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2018 13:45

Quote:
the kav
I noted 2 years ago that that badge will be slowly slipped in to replace our proper badge, nicola denied it.... looks like i was right

If anything, she was right....

It hasn't replaced the main badge which still features on all logos associated with the club and the home kit/ training strips.

I don't mind it, would rather fork out for this than the home one as i hate the fade on only one side of the shirt.

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2018 07:32

I like the new away kit but as the home kit is white with a substantial amount of blue, this means that we will need to wear a third kit when playing at clubs that play in blue and white. This will be necessary on 5 or 6 occasions in League 2.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2018 08:07

Quote:
coltran
I like the new away kit but as the home kit is white with a substantial amount of blue, this means that we will need to wear a third kit when playing at clubs that play in blue and white. This will be necessary on 5 or 6 occasions in League 2.

I imagine that's no accident, like all clubs it's all about £££ with kits these days.

I don't like this away kit at all but, as I've never bought a club shirt in all my life, I don't suppose that matters! Just don't particularly want to be reminded of the dark days of the 80s when watching the lads, and certainly don't want to be reminded of Everton. Opinion seems divided but I suppose the acid test is whether it sells in sufficient numbers.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2018 10:07

Quote:
coltran

I remember them saying that we're keeping the away kit from the last season as the third for this.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 02 July, 2018 15:40

When I first went to rovers 1949 this away kit was what rovers played in talking about the badge was it the club or town crest had a warship on the top depicting our shipbuilding heritage ,Barrow in the same place have a submarine .i am sure we had a ship on one or other

Posted by: Shaumbra (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2018 13:20

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
When I first went to rovers 1949 this away kit was what rovers played in talking about the badge was it the club or town crest had a warship on the top depicting our shipbuilding heritage ,Barrow in the same place have a submarine .i am sure we had a ship on one or other

have a look at this fifty

Link [www.liverpoolecho.co.uk]

Posted by: Itsalldownhillfromhere (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2018 09:12

Quote:
Shaumbra
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

have a look at this fifty

Link [www.liverpoolecho.co.uk]
Thanks, very interesting.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2018 19:08

Just don’t understand why we are going down this simplified badge look, doesn’t make us look anymore modern or whatever they are aiming for. Our badge with all the bits and bobs in is superb.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2018 19:38

Probably cheaper to produce but still get knocked out at the same over the top prices?

The more coloures & details the more it costs to make.

Have to admit though, this badge is a bit naff!

The kit itself looks just like our neighbours from accross the river.

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2018 20:58

The current 'main' badge is just blue and white though. We ditched the multicoloured one ages ago. No financial savings to be had in further simplifying it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net