Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Zoom with a view ?
Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 00:45

Quote:
WWStandsure
the quality 'seems' to be superior to those from the past few years.

However the lure of league 2 not NL, could be a motivating factor for one or two of those players, so perhaps your comparison could be a bit lopsided, unless you compared now with last time, then it's arguable that players like Johnny Smith, Sokouna and Bakayogo represent more capability than players like George Donnelly, Gill and Odejayi.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: WWStandsure (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 11:46

Matt34 you are correct with the latter part of your comment (initial part is obvious), I was just trying to highlight the fact that it is a much stronger side (with possibly a few more acquisitions), to face 'life in league 2, AND with one eye on a possible promotion..... It seems to myself (and others), that league 2 falls into three sections, Promotion hopefuls - midtable stability/reconstructing sides and those facing life trying to avoid the dreaded relegation. The way the team is forming up (and with 'departures - those being released' by MM),leaves one to have faith that MM is constructing a side that can become contenders. It is early days and not being carried away by 'friendly performances' so far, I feel it is so encouraging to be able to see a positive future for Tranmere (more so after the recent past 2010 - 2016 era when it was a downward spiral), I am starting to find a real 'Feel' for this forthcoming season, do you agree?

Posted by: Kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 11:57

Standsure I will get a real feel if we could replace Andy Cook.

Date: 13 July, 2018 19:50

Quote:
WWStandsure
It seems to myself (and others), that league 2 falls into three sections, Promotion hopefuls - midtable stability/reconstructing sides and those facing life trying to avoid the dreaded relegation.

To be honest you could argue any league system in the world with more than one division, could fit those descriptions below the top level, but in regard to league two it's hard to argue against that.

I have felt optimistic about every season recently, but I feel a bit more positive about this one, then the last League 2 season, because it comes with a promotion fueling it, not the need to rebound from a relegation.

I do think though there is no reason why getting consecutive promotions isn't possible.

Posted by: WWStandsure (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 21:36

Kennel, I agree 100%. Hence the comment above (with possibly a few more acquisitions....CF and inside forward and a winger would round off the squad nicely - as long as they can fit into the team's pattern of play). I think we are all looking at the same objective with the same thoughts here - just the venacular a little different. Still three weeks until the season starts - does anyone know when the 'transfer deadline is?...

Posted by: velico (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 22:11

Quote:
Kennel
Standsure I will get a real feel if we could replace Andy Cook.
we may have, in the shape of the French lad if we sign him. You just don’t know how good a season a player will have until the seasons end. I remember the Liverpool, Arsenal saga trying too sign Charlie Nicholas from Celtic he was class for the jocks,but turned out a joke for the @#$%&.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2018 12:27

Apparently we have signed/offered Zoom a Contract

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2018 13:30

Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
DevonExile
No one ar Crewe seemed to make a case that he should have been retained.He is not the player he was 4-5 years ago.It would not be a positive for me and there are better options available than a player whose career has been going backwards

If he was in his peak he wouldn’t be on our radar, people are clammering for a CF what we actually need is the addition of some proven Football League experience inside the squad even if not as a starter because we are very lacking in that area, experince is vital.
Certainly agree that league experience could be important especially if we have some loan youngsters playing. We are perhaps better off than some clubs promoted in recent years
Players with at least 50 league games on their CV include Davis,Ridehaigh,Banks,McNulty,Sutton,Harris,Norborn,Mullins,Ellis and Monthe and even have played in the league

Date: 14 July, 2018 21:55

If Bakayogo signs then that's a player with considerable league experience and at a higher level than league 2.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2018 00:18

Had a fairly solid game against Wigan in my book.

Even if for cover, he can do a job. Just depends what sort of wages he'd be after.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2018 09:46

Not even backup. He's ahead of Rides in every department imho.

Posted by: cintraman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2018 10:05

I fully agree with the last comment. If I was Rides I would be seriously worried about getting my place back. My only concern is that Zoom has had a couple of serious injuries that might potentially reoccur.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2018 19:42

Give him a 12 month contract see how he goes ,if we kept Wallace for god knows how long with no lnput we can give the Lad 12 months contract and a lot more input that’s for sure

Posted by: Higgy and Yozzer (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2018 23:10

Agreed we need pace at left back especially as our two centre half’s won’t be speed merchants. Zooooooooommm would be a good fit and offer more than Rides

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 17:32

Signed by Tranmere today smiling smiley

Posted by: Kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 17:35

Great news...all we need now is a proven centre forward...time is running out.

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 17:47

Great news. A big fan of Zoom and he’s not past it yet. Easily worth a 1 year deal.

And Rides injury makes this even more important.

Agree now just waiting for us to land the big CF and I think we’re looking like a team

Posted by: cintraman (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 18:19

Very good news indeed. He hardly seems to have changed in the last five years. Just hope his fitness holds up. !!

Posted by: roversoffspring (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 18:21

zooooooooooooooooooooooum! we have a good squad i am confident we can do alright this season now with the additions we have made MUCH better then last summers recruitment and we have a great base to build for the following season. However the right target man being brought in could make us go from average to top 10/ play-offs? we released 3 strikers lost 1 but have only brought in one so far and he's more a RF then a CF so i await to see what CF we sign on loan or permanent.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 18:43

Another great signing, Rides has given a lot for us but he does have a habit of errors in the big games. I’m convinced more than ever we will go 5 3 2 with one Norwood up top and Mullen in behind playing with pace on the break and wing backs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/07/2018 18:45 by Higgosboots.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net