Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Zoom with a view ?
Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 19:41

Happy to say I called this in May! Never thought it'd actually happen but glad that it has!

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 20:43

Happy, but let's see how this works out. Crewe seemed happy to let him go so i hope it's a case if coming home, feeling happier so turned into better performances rather than playing for a contract and will tail off now signed

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2018 21:11

Even if he does tail off he's a good enough pro for Rides to know he'll need to stay on top of his game. We're looking well covered in all areas of the defence now.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 00:05

He also feels like the sort of signing Tranmere wouldn't have gotten if they were still in the NL.

There was nothing wrong with the initial 2-3 signings, but from the onset I wanted to feel like the recruitment was more top 10 league 2 than top of the NL and I feel Bakayogo certainly helps me to me feel like the overall recruitment is the former, rather than the latter.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: WWStandsure (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 09:23

Crewe's loss is Tranmere's Gain. A welcome addition to the squad. Like several other fans, I think another CF and a Winger will just about 'Tick ALL the boxes' right now. Am I the only one with a return of the 'Feel Good Factor' Again......

Posted by: TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 13:27

As with most of this speculation - that's all it is - educated guesswork, tinged with the eternal optimism (read self-delusion) of the newly promoted fan.

However, I think we all liked Zooom when he was here before, and there is a precedent for aging wing-backs resurrecting their careers successfully - just look at Ashley Young.

A bright start to the season is essential - 30 points from the first ten games, say...

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 14:41

Quote:
Higgosboots
Another great signing, Rides has given a lot for us but he does have a habit of errors in the big games. I’m convinced more than ever we will go 5 3 2 with one Norwood up top and Mullen in behind playing with pace on the break and wing backs.

It very much looks that way to me as well. It makes Zoom a good signing as that really plays to his strengths.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 15:14

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Higgosboots
Another great signing, Rides has given a lot for us but he does have a habit of errors in the big games. I’m convinced more than ever we will go 5 3 2 with one Norwood up top and Mullen in behind playing with pace on the break and wing backs.

It very much looks that way to me as well. It makes Zoom a good signing as that really plays to his strengths.

Have we set up in that formation yet?

Only game i've missed is Warrington and we've been set up in a 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 for the majority of the other games.

We do have enough CBs to play 3 at the back and a 3-5-2 can easily become a 3-4-1-2, some of the best football i've seen Tranmere play in the last 5-10 years was using that setup at the backend of the season before last.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 16:00

I hope he is still a Zoooooooom and not a Zoooooom putt putt putt putt bang

Posted by: Reremnart (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 16:38

Quote:
cintraman
Very good news indeed. He hardly seems to have changed in the last five years. Just hope his fitness holds up. !!

EXcept for the Simon Phoenix type hair cut. All joking aside I thought he had a very solid game against Wigan and based on that he is well worth a contract. Welcome back Zoooooom !!!!!

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 17:48

Quote:
rossb07
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Higgosboots

Have we set up in that formation yet?

Only game i've missed is Warrington and we've been set up in a 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 for the majority of the other games.

We do have enough CBs to play 3 at the back and a 3-5-2 can easily become a 3-4-1-2, some of the best football i've seen Tranmere play in the last 5-10 years was using that setup at the backend of the season before last.

I took 532 to be a fairly generic way of saying wing backs and 3 man central defence as we were talking about Zoom. It doesnt much matter whether it is 532, 3421 or any other variant really. I agree 100% about the end of the season before last but I always got the impression Connor and Nors were playing behind Stockton rather than Connor behind a front 2. Not that it matters really. We have plenty of CBs don't we?

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2018 19:18

Aye we do, not going to complain as it's a while since we've had some decent depth in any position let alone a few.

I do like a 3/5 man back line, offers more fluidity than a rigid 4-4-2. Feel MM and his team may want to not lose games more than anything this term though so we may just get 4-4-forking 2.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2018 00:21

Mellon might surprise people and use a sweeper or use a christmas tree formation. Then again I think he might be a little out of his comfort zone if he tried that.

However if he adopts the Brendan Rodgers and several others approach, he could be experimenting with "little triangles".

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net