Current Page: 1 of 3
Newport county
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 08:42

When I first started on this forum I predicted a lot of results that came true despite being threatened with death and worse(an Everton season ticket )but unfortunately some lousy footpad broke into my shed and stole my de Luxe crystal ball and so my predictions have been very poor of late so as suggested I will predict doom and gloom and if I am wrong unparalleled joy will descend on the SWA .so 3-1 to Newport County .they want to make up for last weeks drubbing by Yeovil .i think if this wheeze works it will be pure genius so 1-3

Re: Newport county
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 09:21

shame on you fifty, lol..we will go one better than yeovil, 7-0 to the rovers.. norwood with 4 of the goals and the other 3 coming from a stockton hat trick.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 11:20

2-0

Screamer from Nora and deflected tap in from Cole who runs to the crowd shouting TOLD YOU TOLD YOU

Posted by: 853OKG (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 15:20

I assume Ryan Williams clearance has not happened yet?
Haven't seen any news on official site

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 15:55

I don't think that Newport are re-batterable so I'll go 2-1 with Norwood refinding his scoring touch and Mullin showing PP that he might be the answer!!!

Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 16:28

Evening, folks.

Due to various pressures at the moment, I am going to have to give up the match preview writing and hand the reins over to someone else!!!

It’s been a pleasure and I look forward to reading the new previews!!

Cheers.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 16:36

Quote:
Kenny_Crons
Evening, folks.
Due to various pressures at the moment, I am going to have to give up the match preview writing and hand the reins over to someone else!!!

Cheers.
it's been entertaining kenny well done enjoy a break

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 18:06

Unbeaten in the league except in one game we were cruising in until we had to play 70 minutes with ten men.

As with everyone else who's been coming to PP over the last 3 years, I expect Newport to come with a very defensive mindset and be glad of a point. It's pleasing to see teams pay us that respect, if a little irritating with all the time wasting (I know we do it away too).

We can beat anyone in this league, especially at home, so why not? 1 nil rovers. A deflection going well wide deflects off Stockton's backside trickles over the line in front of the Kop. Big hugs all round.

Win tomorrow and we may have to reconsider our objectives for the season

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 18:17

First away win of the season last week, unbeaten at home and one soppy game away, Newport getting embarrassed 6 on their own park last week.... what could possibly go wrong?

Rovers dominate, Nors misses a couple of one-on-ones, Banks shaves the post twice from outside the box, Cole skies a sitter, their tricky and speedy winger (if they have one) straightens up Steeeeeeve on a last minute breakaway, wins a pen and off they go with 3 points.

Tranmere 0 Newport 1.... you heard it here first! winking smiley

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 19:02

Quote:
Yiggsy
First away win of the season last week, unbeaten at home and one soppy game away, Newport getting embarrassed 6 on their own park last week.... what could possibly go wrong?
Rovers dominate, Nors misses a couple of one-on-ones, Banks shaves the post twice from outside the box, Cole skies a sitter, their tricky and speedy winger (if they have one) straightens up Steeeeeeve on a last minute breakaway, wins a pen and off they go with 3 points.

Your crystal ball needs a detox Yiggsy; it's been on the Friday night pop already!
Nors has a couple of one-on-ones; slides one through the keepers legs and the second he delicately chips the keeper, 2-0 Rovers. Banks shaves the keepers hair with a blistering shot that hits the top corner, 3-0. Tracking back, Cole steals the ball inside his own half, turns and sends a sweet drive over the back-pedalling, partly shaven keeper, leading to a stunned silence as Cole turns to celebrate, 4-0. On 98 minutes (yes, 8 minutes added on for the belated celebratory pitch invasion following Cole's stunner)Steeeeeve picks something out of his pocket and it dawns upon us that it's the speedy winger and we thought they'd been playing with ten men for all that time!

Tranmere 4 Newport 0......my crystal ball's not touched a drop!

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 19:27

Quote:
Kenny_Crons
Evening, folks.

Cheers.

Thanks for your efforts and time Kenny.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 19:31

Quote:
Yiggsy

Didn't their winger Willmott get sent off towards the end of the Yeovil match?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2018 21:53 by Hoots Mon.

Date: 21 September, 2018 19:50

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Kenny_Crons
Evening, folks.

Cheers.

Thanks for your efforts and time Kenny.
+1

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 20:14

Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Yiggsy

Your crystal ball needs a detox Yiggsy; it's been on the Friday night pop already!
Nors has a couple of one-on-ones; slides one through the keepers legs and the second he delicately chips the keeper, 2-0 Rovers. Banks shaves the keepers hair with a blistering shot that hits the top corner, 3-0. Tracking back, Cole steals the ball inside his own half, turns and sends a sweet drive over the back-pedalling, partly shaven keeper, leading to a stunned silence as Cole turns to celebrate, 4-0. On 98 minutes (yes, 8 minutes added on for the belated celebratory pitch invasion following Cole's stunner)Steeeeeve picks something out of his pocket and it dawns upon us that it's the speedy winger and we thought they'd been playing with ten men for all that time!

Tranmere 4 Newport 0......my crystal ball's not touched a drop!

LOL! I might have had a few medicinals but we will all wake up on Sunday to grim Rovers reality and a hangover, Phil! But I'll have the best part of £30 in my pocket for a hair of the dog having backed Newport at 29-10... Does Tommy Tynan still play for them?(Sm151)

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 00:05

Aldo's come out of retirement and will be playing for them. It will be 40 years next year since he signed for Newport.

Let's just hope he hasn't managed to get his 60 year old legs primed enough for at least 60 minutes of football, or things could get a bit tricky (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 17:46

I’ll be that guy then...

Yes we were off colour today but to have a team who other than last week were doing well around the summit come to PP and play defensive football then it shows we’re feared a lot more than we all could’ve imagined.

Much rather that than lose 6-0 at home.

One final point, Mullin does well coming off the bench but he and Nors aren’t a partnership for me. Glad Larnell got some minutes too!

Not even going to comment on the Melon in pink.

Posted by: Gunslinger (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 17:59

Perhaps we needed that reality check! We were so collectively very poor in that first half (except Scotty) that it seems pointless criticising any one player. Probably our worst performance this season. Micky made all the right substitutions in the second half to try and inject some life into our play. We huffed and puffed but never looked like we were going to score. Newport's 'game-management', to use that fashionable expression, was simply anti-football and the referee was a disgrace. Micky will just have to find a way to get the lads to quicken the tempo and break down defences. Games like this are part and parcel of a long season. We just have to keep them to a minimum...

Date: 22 September, 2018 18:09

We looked very ordinary today. A real off day.Hopefully they will be few and far between.Scotty was the only one who played to his normal standard.
The opposition tactics smacked of VNL standard and a ref with Championship experience was awful.
Did we really get promoted or has it been a dream?

Posted by: Tommy Egg (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 18:25

Think our efforts deserved something from the game .Newport's position in league flatters them .If we'do have had 10 minutes or more added time we' d never have scored .Too many corners and crosses never got passed first man and they were very quick to close down Bankey and McDonagh and Nors had no luck .

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 18:32

Terrible , terrible game. Horrible negative “tactics” from Newport. Agree all except scotty had bad games. The moron inpink was fussy, inconsistent and a complete plank to be honest as was the linesman paddock side. Im convinced their goal was offside in the build up. Chalk it up to one of those days and move on.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net