Current Page: 1 of 3
Worst ever Rovers player
Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 21:18

Who do you think has been Rovers worst ever player as in most hopeless as opposed least impact.

I can’t really think of a terrible one myself.

Re: Worst ever Rovers player
Posted by: ChloesDad (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 21:21

That Goalie we had from Liverpool a few years back, seem to recall he punched one into his own net in one game.

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 21:23

Kevin gray

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 21:48

Just looking through Micky Adams loanees....

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 21:52

Goalkeeper Eric McManus was pretty dire, he only played about half a dozen games for Rovers though.. As for outfield players, there were a couple of old duds that Frank Worthington brought to the club that weren't very good and were brought in at the end of their careers, Billy Ashcroft and Ray Train. I don't really think Frank got them in necessarily for their footballing skills and experience, but more for the fact that they were good old drinking buddies of his, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 22:02 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 22:44

Guy Madjo.

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 22:53

Going back further I always wondered what Ray Pointon offered to the side!!And who remembers now Frank D'Arcy?

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 22:56

This is a sh1te thread.

Most of them tried their best but just weren't good enough, like you or me.

Please close it sooner rather than later.

But for the grace of God i could have been quoted on here.

There is no point in this thread and will only result in someone feeling sh1te. Just close it now.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 22:58

I don't ercall Liam darville being anything great and a few years ago he ended up playing with his brother in the North East Counties league.

However Anthony Cathalina was a dud who made a poor impact and got binned early in his first season after injury concerns in the latter part of teh season stopped him from playing and continuing to make a limited impact.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: jim rockford (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 22:58

Quote:
ChloesDad
That Goalie we had from Liverpool a few years back, seem to recall he punched one into his own net in one game.

Actually apart from the OG played very well for us Peter Gulasci was his name currently first choice for RB Leipsig in the Bundesliga.Now if your talking about Liverpool loanees who stunk the joint out i give you Godwin Antwi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 22:59 by jim rockford.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 23:25

Do you know I dont remember any of the above I can’t remember any really dire ones .i spent most of the 70s trucking in Ireland and Europe so only turned up when possible so might have missed the ones mentioned the 70s was a poor time for the club in General

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 09:13

it is perfectly obvious that every single tranmere rovers fan will say something different to the other one. some might say these players were duds and some may say that those players were duds. that is the joy of being a football fan were everyone can be different. for example- if tranmere signed a stiker to score goals and he stuggled - you may say he was terrible but that is not always true. I can remember going back about 10 to 15 years, we signed a goalie on loan phil whitehead and twice in 7 days we lost 1-6, firstly to Southampton and then to Mansfield town. but you cannot blame the keeper for all 12 goals. so in a way I think it is wrong to single out players. I would even turn the question completely on its head - we have had loads of players who have been far to good to play for us but have stayed out of loyalty. for example - eric Nixon, pat nevin, john Aldridge, ian muir, johnny Morrissey, could all of left but stayed to become legends.

Posted by: mill park white (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 09:28

Quote:
Yiggsy
This is a sh1te thread.

There is no point in this thread and will only result in some9 one feeling sh1te. Just close it now.

Agree with Yigsy. Serves no purpose this thread, just unpleasantness.

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 10:01

Quote:
the baldy one
we have had loads of players who have been far to good to play for us but have stayed out of loyalty. for example - eric Nixon, pat nevin, john Aldridge, ian muir, johnny Morrissey, could all of left but stayed to become legends.
That's not entirely accurate. I doubt any of them stayed out of loyalty, Muir and Morrissey both had big moves away fall through probably due to the fact we weren't desperate for the cash but both would of gone if we'd of let them. Aldo was 32 when he came here so by the time his contract was up his options would of been limited and he was settled locally to finish his career. And again we weren't desperate for the cash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 10:04 by 2 the moon.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 11:19

Nothing to choose between Godwin Antwi and George Donnelly.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 11:52

Steve @#$%& wilson

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 12:06

2 the moon- I am afraid you are completely wrong about john Aldridge. he may of been 31, but after scoring 40 goals in his first season, everton put a bid in for him and he stayed at tranmere out of loyalty. and I know for a fact eric Nixon could of left, plus pat nevin but these players wanted to play for tranmere rovers.

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 13:01

Quote:
Yiggsy
This is a sh1te thread.

There is no point in this thread and will only result in someone feeling sh1te. Just close it now.

I agree with this. There's enough people on the internet being negative about our players (and former players) - does a Tranmere fan have to add to that?

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 14:21

Quote:
Yiggsy
This is a sh1te thread.

+1 If someone wanted to be a trfc player and it didn't work out for one reason or another why rake it up

Posted by: 2 the moon (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 14:28

Quote:
the baldy one
2 the moon- I am afraid you are completely wrong about john Aldridge. he may of been 31, but after scoring 40 goals in his first season, everton put a bid in for him and he stayed at tranmere out of loyalty. and I know for a fact eric Nixon could of left, plus pat nevin but these players wanted to play for tranmere rovers.
well certainly not wrong sbout Muir and Morrissey. I not sure Aldo would of moved to Everton with being such a huge red. Villa did show interest but we said no.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net