Current Page: 1 of 4
FA cup vOxford city
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 17:29

We should win this one with full side but if MM messes with the side could come unstuck so trusting him to do the right thing there will be some usual shocks ,we don’t want to be one of them so will go for a 3-0 win

Re: FA cup vOxford city
Posted by: davep63 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 20:29

I hate these potential banana skin matches but sayin that if we play a full strenth team I am going for a comfortable win, SWA

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 23:29

Expectation is that we should, with a full strength squad, even allowing for loanees being absent, be easily good enough to roll Oxford over 3-0. but its the FA Cup and that is always a leveller. I notice that Rob Sinclair has recently left Oxford so that will diminish their chances, he is a good player as we saw when he was at FGR. Here's hoping for the 3-0 win.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 09:09

Quote:
Cybertron
Expectation is that we should, with a full strength squad, even allowing for loanees being absent, be easily good enough to roll Oxford over 3-0. but its the FA Cup and that is always a leveller. I notice that Rob Sinclair has recently left Oxford so that will diminish their chances, he is a good player as we saw when he was at FGR. Here's hoping for the 3-0 win.
Micky has already said he would in pre- match interview. Only McCullough cup tied...

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 09:43

Going for 3-0 for this - desperate to go but the planets have to align with:

Baby falling asleep at 11 and waking up at 12
Go and see friends in Thingwall for 2 hours
Get to leave at 2:45 and mention to the wife that she could drop me off at the game

If those 3 personal goals of mine come off then it's written in the stars for a 3-0 win!

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 13:29

C'mon Rovers, no messin' about today, 36 grand in the bank and into the hat for the 2nd round draw on Monday.

Date: 10 November, 2018 14:45

good strong side Rovers have put out

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 16:01

Sorry Tranmere but this is bad what you are playing like.

Date: 10 November, 2018 16:26

bloody hell 2-1 down ffs

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 16:27

Absolute Joke Shop

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 16:28

As in Jaws just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water 😡

Date: 10 November, 2018 16:39

equalized connor Jennings saving us

Date: 10 November, 2018 16:40

WTF 3-2 down

Date: 10 November, 2018 16:48

weve equalized blimey

Date: 10 November, 2018 16:56

well at least we are in the hat for Mondays 2nd round draw. what was this oxford city hat trick hero like? sign him up lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 16:57 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 17:04

More a question of what the hell was the defence doing to concede 3 goals

Posted by: Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 17:29

Quote:
DevonExile
Frankly they were damn lucky it was only 3. If Davies had been as off as the rest of the team they'd have scored 6. Only one side ever looked like winning. Stronger, quicker, more desire, more running off the ball (which wasn't hard as ours was nonexistent). I dont think an appropriate adjective has been invented to describe how abysmal the midfield was.

Posted by: Gunslinger (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 17:45

We got out of jail for free today. What a bizarre match! Absolutely no commitment shown by any Rovers players, except perhaps Connor and Davies, Defence appalling. Buxton, Cole, Harris, - woeful contributions, makes me shudder. Banks and even Norwood, a bad day at the office. I think we missed McCullough, he shields the central defence so very well. Need to sign him until the end of the season, if not permanently. As for Jay Harris and Tollitt, the time has come to part company - permanently. Pleased that we clapped off the Oxford City lads because they really deserved to win that game. Let's just hope that it was a one off...

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 18:06

Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile
Frankly they were damn lucky it was only 3. If Davies had been as off as the rest of the team they'd have scored 6. Only one side ever looked like winning. Stronger, quicker, more desire, more running off the ball (which wasn't hard as ours was nonexistent). I dont think an appropriate adjective has been invented to describe how abysmal the midfield was.

+1. Oxford City were a credit to themselves and the National League South. They showed some real quality and deserved to win. Rightly applauded off the pitch by many at the end.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 18:47

Oxford do deserve credit. Their closing down contributed to our under par performance. I don't remember Norwood getting behind them once except for the one he got flagged for

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net