Brigg Town
Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 22:56

I think we should remember our sporting response to Brigg and produce it again for Oxford. Still feel that was FA Cup at its best. Apart from Saint Yate's day and Southampton obviously.

Re: Brigg Town
Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 23:28

Quote:
kennyspint
I think we should remember our sporting response to Brigg and produce it again for Oxford. Still feel that was FA Cup at its best. Apart from Saint Yate's day and Southampton obviously.

+1. The "There's only one Brigg Town" chant from the Kop will always stay with me as a positive and memorable football moment.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 13:25

Yes I remember that game one reason was after the game getting on one of their supporters coaches with a replica Tranmere shirt to give it to one of their fan's.
That coach turned out to be one run from a local pub or club from Brigg Town great bunch of fan's , said when they get back to the pub they would raffle the shirt.

They stated the enjoyed the game despite the result and the way our fan's behaved towards them and their team on the pitch.thumbs down

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 15:45

A gang of them came to crown and cushion after the match and where we'll looked after and sent a letter of appreciation

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 17:27

I don’t know why apart from the effort Brigg Town put into the game I always remember them and thought this is Genuine FA cup football

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 22:21

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I don’t know why apart from the effort Brigg Town put into the game I always remember them and thought this is Genuine FA cup football

Hi Fifty
We're like that in Lincolnshire well behaved and take defeat in good spirits. (Sm141)

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 08:57

So I observed from my hospital bed 😀👍

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 10:33

(Sm22)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net