Current Page: 1 of 2
tick tack - its time for the sack
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 15:01

in the past 24 hours or so - I see that 3 of our old rivals have sacked their managers. firstly neal ardley of afc Wimbledon got the bullet, then yesterday our hated rivals swindle town sacked phil brown, now today shrewsbury town have sacked john askey who won the league with Macclesfield last season. I just hope that with micky mellon on a roll at the moment - shrewsbury do not try to get him back. the shrews still have other links with rovers - as danny coyne is their goalkeeping coach at the moment. I just wonder who will be the next manager to lose his job. with crewe alex struggling at the moment- hopefully after winning at gresty road this Saturday david artell might be the next boss gone.

Re: tick tack - its time for the sack
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 15:38

Askey back to Macc ??? Maybe. Not sure if Danny Whitaker is caretaker at Macc or has he got the position full time?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 15:41 by hong kong rover.

Date: 12 November, 2018 15:48

I wonder if Askey will return to Macc and will Paul Hurst return to Shrews? Does it pay to go back? Danny Coyne has been put in as immediate caretaker at Shrewsbury.

Posted by: terribletid (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 16:00

Shrews lost a lot of their players in the summer and were just starting to get it together this year.

Askey has been harshly treated and you can't help but wonder if HKR is correct and Hurst's availability tipped the dial here.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 16:05

Askey reportedly didn't get on with the chairman at Macc,but their main sponsor is also a very close friend of his and is his agent.

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 16:11

according to the macc forum bonus's promised never materialised and he left under bad terms fans trying to organise a boycott next home game

Date: 12 November, 2018 16:22

I was reading that Neil Ardley was fearing the sack if they had lost at Haringey in FA Cup last Friday night..Wimbledon won with a last min goal. I dont think Ardley was fired, He left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 16:24 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 16:24

Quote:
paulbyron
according to the macc forum bonus's promised never materialised and he left under bad terms fans trying to organise a boycott next home game
I thought they been boycotting for years

Date: 12 November, 2018 16:45

You get the feeling that Askey is quite similar to that of Johnny King, in the fact that they are both just one club men. Apart from Kingy managing at Northwich and Caernarfon, he was a one league club man and he was married to the Rovers, could the same be said of that as Askey at Macc? Askey was at Macc for a long long long time as player, coach and manager. Its his club, lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 17:03 by hong kong rover.

Date: 12 November, 2018 16:52

I am staying up for FA Cup 2nd round draw tonight at 3am HK time. not working till lunchtime thankfully..

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 17:04

hong kong rover - about neal ardley- this type of thing happens all the time were a manager has no choice to leave otherwise he will be sacked. so when the press release comes out it says he quit be really he was sacked. its a bit like undisclosed fees, when a player signs for a club and it says undisclosed fee- that's wrong. it should tell you what the price was .

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 17:17

Quote:
the baldy one
hong kong rover - about neal ardley- this type of thing happens all the time were a manager has no choice to leave otherwise he will be sacked. so when the press release comes out it says he quit be really he was sacked. its a bit like undisclosed fees, when a player signs for a club and it says undisclosed fee- that's wrong. it should tell you what the price was .
but if he leaves his job he wouldn't get dole would he

Date: 12 November, 2018 19:43

love it LOYDON!!!!!

Date: 12 November, 2018 19:44

sorry loydEn 1

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 23:14

Quote:
the baldy one
with crewe alex struggling at the moment- hopefully after winning at gresty road this Saturday david artell might be the next boss gone.

Why would you wish the sack on Artell, he's no bad boy of football, or perhaps you dislike him having played for Gibraltar and Bala Town, to name but two teams.

Sorry I don't get this sentiment at all.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 23:20

Can this site sack Baldy for his interminable nonsense posts ?😷😷😷😷😷

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 07:35

Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
the baldy one
with crewe alex struggling at the moment- hopefully after winning at gresty road this Saturday david artell might be the next boss gone.

Why would you wish the sack on Artell, he's no bad boy of football, or perhaps you dislike him having played for Gibraltar and Bala Town, to name but two teams.

I don’t read it as baldy wishing him to get the sack at all, more that he hopes we win and this might mean he’s under pressure of the sack.

Posted by: Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 11:32

I personally hope Shrewsbury aren't looking at former managers to return.

I would imagine the decision had already been made on Ardley, but they let him have the live match. It seems strange to sack a manager after a win, but doing it after lots of prospective managers have seen the game (and could imagine the job coming), and avoiding looking brutal by sacking a respected manager who did a lot for the club just before a live BBC match, does make sense. It won't have affected their league performance as there was no game, and they could have been putting a shortlist together of people to target while Ardley was in post. I suspect it was better for him to be caretaker manager last week than someone else.

Date: 13 November, 2018 12:33

Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
the baldy one

I don’t read it as baldy wishing him to get the sack at all, more that he hopes we win and this might mean he’s under pressure of the sack.

The strangeness n vagueness of the English language eh! It can be read and interpreted in different ways..

eg..She stood behind her and combed her hair.

Q. The question is,, Whose hair was combed? Did the girl standing up comb her own hair or did she comb the hair of the girl in front of her?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2018 14:40 by hong kong rover.

Date: 13 November, 2018 12:57

Honest - Dishonest - direct opposites
Loyal - Disloyal - direct opposites
Appointed - Disappointed - not direct opposites, completely different.

Bloody weird the English language.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net