tranmere rovers 20 20 vision
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 12:39

now we have got all the cup games out of the way for this season - we have 20 games left to make up a 4 point gap to the play offs. I honestly think to get in the top 7 we will have to win at least 12 out of the 20 games. I was just wondering what other tranmere fans think about how many games we need to win out of 20 in order to finish in the top 7. it goes without saying our away form has to change right now in order to reach our aims. I will say now 100 per cent that the following 3 teams will finish in the top 7 - so that just leaves 4 spaces - Lincoln city, Milton Keynes dons, Mansfield town. so who are going to be the lucky 4 teams to make up the top 7.

Re: tranmere rovers 20 20 vision
Posted by: borowhite (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:39

Seventh as follows:

2017/18 75
2016/17 70
2015/16 75
2014/15 71
2013/14 71

Date: 09 January, 2019 16:43

borowhite - thanks for the points chart. judging by that - it is going to be a big task - but you never know. we should just take it game by game and see what happens. just out of interest does the boro stand for Middlesbrough- cheers.

Date: 09 January, 2019 16:44

It does indeed, I live here and married to a Boro fan.

Date: 09 January, 2019 17:54

borowhite - thanks for that. I was actually born in Middlesbrough general hospital - but my mum tells me we only stayed in boro until I was 1 year old then we moved to Merseyside and the rest is history etc and my love affair with tranmere started at 10 years old. I was just trying to think of some players that have played for both boro and tranmere - Robbie stockdale, mark proctor, steve Vickers, danny coyne etc. if I am correct - tranmere won a few games at the old ayrsome park - but since boro moved to the riverside stadium we have never won a single match at that stadium.

Date: 09 January, 2019 18:26

Ishmael Miller will be the latest to add to that list; as well as Ben Gibson who always talks fondly of Rovers. You are indeed right about our record up here; the Ayresome highlights being Steve Vicker's Cup thunderbolt (they signed him not long after), followed by John Aldridge's late steal winner in one of the most one sided games I have ever seen. There was also a rather dodgy midweek Riverside league game in approximately 1998 when half the Rovers team were left out injured and the Boro were allowed to walk home for a 3-0 win. Most of the injured players played the week after.....

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 21:40

I was at Ayesome Park when Aldo stole the points .never been the Riverside the nearest I got to it was when trucking use to deliver to a food factory round the side of the stadium it was usually about 9pm so could not see much ,same as Sunderland went to Roker Park but not been to the new one but again trucking ,passed the front door most weeks .when it was first built it stood on its own so when you came over I think it’s the queen Elizebeth bridge it was in full view ,beautiful stadium ,used to deliver fuel oil to Newcastle and Middlesbrough and Ashington hospital ,and when parked up for the night used to park on the car park at St James Park and had a meal and a few beers in the supporters club ,really good guys ,talking of Newcastle who can forget the 6-6 draw with Newcastle in some Mickey Mouse cup and we actually won the penalty shoot out .also had a job running tankers of beer from Tadcaster to the now defunct Newcastle breweries.spent a lot of time in the north east ,loved it ,depending on how old the baldy one is I could have delivered the fuel oil for the heating to Middlesbrough hospital that kept him warm and snug in his little cot

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 23:45

Off topic a lot of hospitals and breweries have gone. Bit of a shame realy.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 10:18

Yes the Newcastle breweries were massive employed a lot of people ,the one at castle Eden shut down to does anyone remember the Birkenhead Brewerie in Oxton road ,they had a few pubs as well

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net