Current Page: 1 of 2
Goodbye Ritchie
Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:09

Ritchie Sutton has left to join Morecambe on a permanent deal. Sorry to see him go.
Thanks for all your efforts and some important goals.
Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2019 18:43 by Tranmere69.

Re: Goodbye Richie
Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:21

That is s..te ,all the best Ritchie

Posted by: Gunslinger (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:21

Bit of an odd one, this. Thought he generally did very well in representing Rovers in recent seasons and seemed proud to wear the shirt. Always showed great commitment.
Many thanks, Richie and all the best for the future.

Posted by: Brenk (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:22

Hasn’t had much of a chance this year after getting injured against Cheltenham. Sorry to see him go, always seemed a reliable pick when in the team. Can only presume there’s a younger replacement lined up.

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:24

Gutted, and very surprised. Was sure he could still do a job for us (and he's a goal machine!!)
I can only imagine we've got someone coming in.
I wonder if we got a fee for him?

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:24

Well it wont be Drysdale !!

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:27

Disappointed by this news, only get to see the Rovers on live BT Sports games but what I saw of him I liked.

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:36

was on the verge of joining chester some time ago so not a total surprise

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:39

i am quite stunned about this news. I thought he was our best defender - and always popped up with a few goals. I think Morecambe have got a bargin. good luck to him.

Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:43

Baldy, for once I totally agree with you!! Great defender, scored the odd goal or two unlike the rest and always gave 100%. Not happy with this one and I hope MM has someone of at least his ability coming in.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:48

That's a bit of a blow would have had him in the backline in my team most time's hopefully we are bringing someone else in if not bad move on our part.

However good luck to him at his new club.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 16:59

As mentioned this is a shock. Guess at 32 he isnt happy sitting on bench although at any age you could give that reason. Got to be someone lined up id have thought but at this stage of the season id rather stick with tried and tested in defence.

Posted by: tranmerepete (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 17:00

We got a 37 year old on the way🙈. Good player but no game time for him.

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Posted by: jonesy792 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 17:01

IMO he is the weakest defender of the 4 we have and looked the weak link vs Yeovil.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 17:05

Gutted really liked Richie, one of the best laughs we had last season was when he scored 2 in the first 20 mins ( maidenhead I think) every corner we won we were screaming for him to go forward, every tiny tap in the box we were screaming peno... richie got onto it and was shrugging his shoulders at us and smiling in resignation that it wasn't gonna happen

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 17:14

Well i am bemused thought he did a good job when in the side always 100% .so lets hope we got someone comming in a s a p .i trusy mm knows what he is doing

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 17:40

Saddened to see the departure of such a great pro but you can understand his situation - 32 years old and sitting on the bench even when we play a back 3.

To be brutally honest, given this situation and our lack of pace generally at the back, we probably wouldn't have renewed his contract in the summer. He's done well to get another league club and Morecambe have given him an 18 month deal, and after seeing their defence on Boxing Day he's nailed on to be a regular starter there.

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 17:45

sparky100 - cheers. just wondering does anyone know what it going to happen to jonny smith once his loan runs out. do Bristol city want him back or is there any chance like Harvey Gilmour we will sign him properly- cheers.

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 17:59

Really sad about this. In many ways I see him as our best defender but MM seems never to have quite seen him as a nailed on selection

Posted by: rak (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2019 18:05

Sorry to see this. Thanks Richie and good luck for the future.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net