sheffield united fans on harvey gilmour
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:13

i have been reading the Sheffield united fans websites and twitter pages over the last 7 days or so and loads of them are going mad that the blades have released Harvey Gilmour in order for us to sign him properly. they are saying things like - there goes another good up and coming young player we are getting rid of. it seems to me he is very highly rated by their fans. lets hope he continues to get better and better.

Re: sheffield united fans on harvey gilmour
Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:27

Yes, they seemed really @#$%& off. Only 20 years old aw well, nice that we can pick up young talent

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 15:39

We got the run of the green for once. I remember when he was initially loaned and they were saying he’d only need a season and he’d be in and around their first team after that so we do have a player on our hands.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 16:00

I really cant see it myself but perhaps the security of knowing he is staying will bring out the best in him. Seems to disappear too easily for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 16:00 by Uptonrover.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 17:13

I'm happy we've got him. You can see he's got something about him but he's still very inexperienced so is bound to drift in and out of games at this stage of his development. Seems to have a good attitude so will hopefully push on, and should benefit from regularly being in or around the first team squad.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 17:14

Have to agree with Uptonrover to a degree. First couple of appearances it looked like we had a real gem on our hands. The gem hasn't sparkled as much since then from what I've seen, or is it just my glazed eyesight! He's shown he's capable of some magic so here's hoping he kicks on again and develops into the player we'd all love him to be.

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 17:25

I thimk now he will be settled at one club will make him kick on .cant be much fun forvabyoung player to be put out on loan not knowing if your realy wanted by your oarent club so with shef und he could have soent the next 2 years in and out of various clubs .so now he can setttle here amd be part of something mm is building .so for me a possitive move by club and player .

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 17:40

At 20 there is plenty of scope for him to get better. He is not the finished article but who is at that age and this level?

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 21:08

He does fade out of games but only 20 and he is far from the finished article, seems a good signing ,time will tell ,has a good attitude for sure and I think he really likes it at Tranmere .i read that Sheff Utd have a hefty moving on fee attached to him moving on and a few other bits and pieces ,good luck to him ,l really hope he comes good

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net