Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 15:54

Given the choice, which away fixture would you rather attend?

Port Vale
Cambridge United
All of the above

You must be logged in to vote.

20 Votes

Show results

I'm going to Port Vale away with the girlfriend (Sm136)

And Cambridge United with the lads (Sm42)

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 16:24

Would love to goto Port Vale. Unfortunately i have to go to a concert with the wife on the same date. I am too embaressed to mention who. Only saving grace is its her music so she keeps me supplied with a stream of money to goto the bar so she doesnt miss anything. Helps numb the pain

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 17:03

Not so much a concert, but the last gig I went to was Bad Manners at a boozer in Southend (December 2018)

How I ended up going to that is a story in itself.

If I could do things differently, I'd much rather go to Cambridge with my girlfriend, and vice versa, Port Vale with my friends. I'd probably be less out of place having an ice-cream with her (the cat's mother) than walking through Jesus Green/Midsummer Common up to the ground with them. If only I'd given it more thought at the time... It's likely all just a rehearsal for next time.

I'd be interested to know who you're going to see, Uptonrover.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 17:08 by ElvisTRFC.

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 17:20

Okay its my wife going to see Boyzone, i am mearly providing her with company and being provided with booze as compensation. Didnt want to goto Port Vale anyway lol!

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 17:30

In all seriousness, if you were single/going with friends, a Boyzone concert would be ace. I should imagine the ratio of women to guys would be 50 women to every guy. I went to see The Smiths once, and believe me, it was just loads of guys in cardigans drinking real ale. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with cardigans or real ale, but it's certainly not like going to see Duran Duran, or probably Boyzone. It will be rammed of women.

People may laugh, but I think it will be decent seeing Boyzone lol



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 17:32 by ElvisTRFC.

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 17:54

Ha i guess theres that to it Elvis! Theres a few drinks round Manchester after aswell to look forward to

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 18:18

It's a win win, Uptonrover. Your wife will be happy you're there. RESULT. And she won't mind/even know that you've spent 90% of the time four or five deep at the bar surrounded by women. RESULT. You will be livin' the dream whilst I'll probably be eating a lukewarm pie and praying for a much needed away win. To make matters worse, I'll probably be sober and have to suffer a long drive home with her bemoaning about my shortcomings..


[www.youtube.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 18:39 by ElvisTRFC.

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2019 00:11

Port Vale too far for me. Cambridge only 2.5 hours away, so I'll be at that one.

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2019 11:34

Quote:
Uptonrover
Okay its my wife going to see Boyzone, i am mearly providing her with company and being provided with booze as compensation. Didnt want to goto Port Vale anyway lol!

OMG Upton, BOYZONE??????????, How will you ever live down the embarrassment of it all? lol



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2019 11:35 by hong kong rover.

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2019 11:37

Quote:
Uptonrover
Would love to goto Port Vale. Unfortunately i have to go to a concert with the wife on the same date. I am too embaressed to mention who. Only saving grace is its her music so she keeps me supplied with a stream of money to goto the bar so she doesnt miss anything. Helps numb the pain

lol

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2019 13:13

Quote:
ElvisTRFC
I'm going to Port Vale away with the girlfriend (Sm136)
And Cambridge United with the lads (Sm42)

Could be worse going to Port Vale with the girlfriend and the Cambridge with the Wife.😊

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2019 10:32

That walk from station at port vale ito the ground is to much for my old legs nowadays so recon cambridge for me

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2019 10:40

Quote:
gary anderson
That walk from station at port vale ito the ground is to much for my old legs nowadays so recon cambridge for me

Its also a long trek from Cambridge station to their ground. Went there a couple of times in the 80s.

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2019 10:42

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
gary anderson
That walk from station at port vale ito the ground is to much for my old legs nowadays so recon cambridge for me

Its also a long trek from Cambridge station to their ground. Went there a couple of times in the 80s.
yes your right forgot yhat as last time there i went by car oh well a rethink lol

Re: Poll: Away fixtures
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2019 10:46

Quote:
gary anderson
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
gary anderson
That walk from station at port vale ito the ground is to much for my old legs nowadays so recon cambridge for me

Its also a long trek from Cambridge station to their ground. Went there a couple of times in the 80s.
yes your right forgot yhat as last time there i went by car oh well a rethink lol

Its a good couple of miles away from what I can remember.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net