Lincoln stewarding
Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 17:49

Was the most shambolic and inefficient I have seen for many years from before we got in till after the final whistle. Jobsworthery and lack of control from start to finish.

Re: Lincoln stewarding
Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 19:42

Hi Hoots Mon

I made my way round to the away supporters gates where Tranmere supporters were being body searched the men by male stewards & the women by female stewards.
But on the opposite side to where this was happening was the City supporters entrances where the only things that were being searched was bags & knapsacks & bags with flasks in, no body searches at all.
I was only at the Tranmere entrance hoping to see if anyone would say hello but no one did otherwise I wouldn't have known about the different searches taking place.

jal

Date: 22 April, 2019 21:18

Quote:
jal jal
Hi Hoots Mon
I made my way round to the away supporters gates where Tranmere supporters were being body searched the men by male stewards & the women by female stewards.
But on the opposite side to where this was happening was the City supporters entrances where the only things that were being searched was bags & knapsacks & bags with flasks in, no body searches at all.
I was only at the Tranmere entrance hoping to see if anyone would say hello but no one did otherwise I wouldn't have known about the different searches taking place.

jal
I wasn't body searched by the steward-the only thing he seemed interested on was my bottle of water from which he demanded the top. He then told me I could buy another bottle of water inside WITH a top on. What's the difference? Are Lincoln FC bottle tops better than others?
The same steward then body searched the guy directly behind me!!

Once inside it got worse. ''Allocated seating'' is a total misnomer. It is the first time ever that I have been unable to watch even the warm up sat down. Three big lumps just came and positioned themselves right in front of me-never moved,never spoke to each other,never clapped or shouted anything at any player.Just stood there.Totally ignored polite requests to sit down. The stewards just weren't interested one little bit. The four people sat on my right nearer the goal didn't come back after half time. I had to stand up when I didn't want to.

And then there was the shambles at the final whistle.......................

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 18:18

I watched it on I follow hoots, and Rob Edwards was also commenting on the stewards. He wasn’t at all impressed.

Date: 24 April, 2019 20:12

Quote:
aktrfc
I watched it on I follow hoots, and Rob Edwards was also commenting on the stewards. He wasn’t at all impressed.

The deserved champions and best team in this league yet let down by a bunch of comedians[not funny ones either] off the pitch.

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 13:31

Every club got some .idiots that just make matters worse .little poweren who where bullied at school and Billy no mates .tranmere got a couple as well .it's a fact of life most stewards do a decent job .but you will always get the odd few who love to prima Donna about

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 16:35

I sit in the jk stand and our stewards are excellent

Date: 25 April, 2019 16:54

Quote:
gary anderson
Every club got some .idiots that just make matters worse .little poweren who where bullied at school and Billy no mates .tranmere got a couple as well .it's a fact of life most stewards do a decent job .but you will always get the odd few who love to prima Donna about

It's a fact of life that those at our end at Lincoln last Monday were an utter shambles.

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 17:00

Think our stewards are good but will have there work cut out on Sat.

Posted by: Shaumbra (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 16:08

And then there was the shambles at the final whistle.......................[/quote]

dont leave us hanging hoots mon(Sm100).....what in gods name happened at the final whistle...

Date: 27 April, 2019 16:39

The crowd ran across the pitch and then where informed over the loud speaker system that they had to return to their seats before anything else could proceed.
Which they duly did in an unorderly fashion.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 28 April, 2019 12:12

😀👍

Date: 28 April, 2019 16:31

Hi Fifty

They should have known that as the very same thing happened when we won the National League, us older ones stayed where we were, and waited for them all to return.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net