Jonny Smith
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2019 12:46

Currently having a trial at Hibs and scored for their development side, playing in a central role. Be interesting to see how that turns out.

Still got a year on his contract at Bristol City so presumably they're looking to offload, even if it's just a loan.

Re: Jonny Smith
Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2019 14:25

Has done well for Tranmere. Especially in the none league days. Good luck to the lad, hope he does well and get a decent club.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2019 15:24

Was only here last season. Personally didnt rate him.

Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2019 16:47

Your right. I could have sworn he was with us the season before but that one he was with Fylde. I thought he was always handy coming off the bench as a good pair of legs. But he was a bit light weight.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2019 18:58

Also did not rate him that highly TBH - also the fact he couldn't manage 90 minutes I found poor.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2019 18:36

Played and scored against us for fylde when we were nl

Posted by: Zint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 07:15

From my perspective he went missing far too often and only showed occasional promise. Wish him well but not heartbroken that he isn’t with us.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 08:17

Quote:
Zint
From my perspective he went missing far too often and only showed occasional promise. Wish him well but not heartbroken that he isn’t with us.
Totally agree Zint - and if you can't play for 90 minutes you shouldn't be at Tranmere - anyhow irrelevant now as MM decided he didn't want him. We should move on as he has done!

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 10:32

I don't know of anyone who hasn't "moved on" from Smith.
Might come as a shock to some but it is possible to take an interest in the whereabouts of ex-players without pining for their return.
He's a talented lad but, as others have mentioned, did trend to drift in and out of a game. Hope he makes a go of it somewhere though.

Posted by: Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2019 11:07

Did have stamina issues, and obviously Micky had doubts as he didn't get in the Wembley squad. Hope he does well at Hibs as I see them 1/2 times a season and might see him in the green & white.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net