Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Raith game
Posted by: Dobba
Date: 12/02/2018 17:20
My point regarding Ferguson is that goalkeepers are there to save shots and save points and 9 times out of 10 he does neither. I accept that Carrick was dispossessed too easily in the centre of the park, which allowed them to advance towards our goal however that's football. We can't keep the ball away from the goalkeeper all the time. Indeed remarkably, on a few occasions we actually have managed to do just that and as a result we got the win.

Sometimes teams need their keeper to pull off the save (or saves) which keeps the team in the game. For example, we had solid control of the game against Raith first half but their keeper pulled off at least 3 great saves to keep them in touch with us at half time. The Forfar keeper did likewise against us the previous week with even better saves. The fact is that if Ferguson had stayed on his feet, the first deflected shot would have hit him on the chest and we would have walked away with at least a point.

The defence is jittery and don't trust him because they know everything played towards goal will probably end up in the back of the net. Our fans are jittery too. The defenders have to modify their game to keep the ball away from him and the effect ripples through the entire team. There's a sharp intake of breath every time the ball goes near him because you never know what he's going to do. Look at that goal against Stranraer recently - I've never seen an Airdrie keeper lose a goal like that - ever. It's just not good enough. Rant over.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net