Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: What the f*ck are people even doing still talking about Arsenal here.
Posted by: gunners r us
Date: 08/11/2017 12:49
Quote:
litmus
Quote:
celine dion
Does anyone on here genuinely give a f*ck about Arsenal any more?
I just cant see how anyone can.

Does anyone genuinely go to a game or turn on the TV and think 'Oh I really hope Arsenal win today?'

I can barely be bothered to watch more than about 20 minutes of any game and if I still lived in London I doubt I would go to any games at all.

What Wenger and the board have done to the club is a travesty, a disgrace. If you DO still feel interested in watching Arsenal, like the rest of us did in the old days, then why? Im honestly interested.

I tell you why. How can any true fan not "genuinely give a @#$%&" about his team? How can any true fan not want the team to win, even after losing 20 consecutive games? Yes, one can be flustered, frustrated, to the point of killing someone or themselves, but thats what being a fan is. Just like you Celine, I supported Arsenal since I was about 11, I am now 45. We didn't always win then, in fact we were 7th in the table when I first supported Arsenal (if I remember correctly). But I watched in a room full of Pool fans when Micheal Thomas scored that winning goal in 89.

Newcastle fans, Liverpool fans, Leeds fans, you see them all at their Stadiums year after year. I am sure they are frustrated, but approach each game, each season with optimism because that's what being a fan is all about. Even when Toon fans hate Ashley, is at war, they still cheer and shout their hearts out like a small kid supporting their school team, even after consecutive losses. Everton fans, the same I'm sure throughout this season. They might be frustrated with the team, management, manager, players, but they love the club.

Because we care so much is why we are still here, still complaining. I don't know about you but Arsenal is my life. I cannot not give a f*ck. Such as that I cannot even bring myself to play another team on Fifa on my Xbox (before it got busted). I will never support another team. If Arsenal cease to exist, I'll stop watching the Premier League, and maybe begin watching Ligue One as a neutral.

Nothing to do with being a genuine fan.

The situation at Arsenal is truly a unique one.

I see people here talk about ozil, sanchez, dropping cech, buying this player, that player. However, we can do all these things and nothing will change. Nothing. It will always be the same outcome under this current regime.

The one thing which may spark a change and something new is wenger leaving. It will be the moment we finally see how ambitious this ownership is: will they go for much of the same or be bold and change things, as not many managers can operate like Wenger.

However, back to the initial point Celine is making; until the above happens, nothing will change. It's the same @#$%& over and over again. The exact same things we said about ozil/sanchez we said about adebayor, nasri, fabregas, van persie.

If Cazorla was fit he wouldn't change anything. He will just be another name added to the conversation of players wanting to leave.

Never in my lifetime have i seen a football club so content in the status-quo when the status quo is them continually being irrelevant.

The only thing keeping Arsenal relevant in 2017 is Arsenal Fan TV.

The everton owner has come out and said he want simone. Unlikely, but that's more balls and ambition our ownership has ever shown the past 10 years.

Also, for the match-going supporter, it's a rubbish experience going to the emirates. No one sings. The fanbase is passive, one of the main reasons we are stuck in this malaise, IMO. So that's no fun either. Furthermore, it's very experience. I am 25 and can no longer afford to go. I havn't been to the emirates in 2 years - that's absurd and another reason for someone to lose interest.

Until we get an identity in that stadium (which is not being helped by the club being happy with leeching their fanbase and tourists), the emirates will always bee a soulless bowl.

Until we see some important changes regarding the board, management or both, it is very difficult being invested in all of this.

We know the outcome to the season, we have seen it many many times now - so, what worth is there debating menial bullshit when @#$%& all is going to change?

So, you can all sit here and do your threads about cech, that watford player who dived against us and team selections but what does it all matter? Even if we make these changes, nothing will change under this managerial tenure and current ownership.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net