Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Luke Pilling
Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy
Date: 02/01/2018 17:45
Pilling certainly sounds promising but none of us have seen enough of him to know if we should be pinning our hopes on him for the next couple of months. Because of that, and as much as we'd all like to see him get a run of games, I wouldn't be able to put up much of an argument against Mellon if he genuinely believes Pilling isn't quite ready.

MM certainly has a big decision to make over what is a critical position on the field. A decision that could go a long way to make or break our promotion chances. If he chooses to bring in and play a more experienced keeper I won't be slating him...unless of course the new man proves not to be good enough.

As for Clarke, he is a bit raw on the defensive side and I've no problem with giving him a break every now and then, seeing as we've got Ridehalgh to fill in. Even Kingy did exactly the same back in the day with the likes of Tony Thomas and Ian Nolan, and they responded by quickly reaching a level that made it impossible to leave them out. In this case, though, resting Clarke combined with the loss of DMH meant we lost width and pace - the exact same bugbears which caused our slow start to the season - and didn't properly replace it. Hopefully that's the lesson MM takes on board, regardless of whether Clarke or anyone else is the answer to that.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net