Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Sutton United and their pitch
Posted by: Wirral Mike
Date: 13/02/2018 20:02
re Sutton United pitch. I also buy the NLP which is a very good paper btw but I hope I am not buying it next season for obvious reasons. I had missed the part about Sutton being relegated to NLS if they win the league this year, how exactly does that work?

A more logical move surely would be for them to graciously 'step aside' from top spot and then whoever was second is now first and goes up automatically, whoever was third is now second, fourth is now third and so on all the way down to eighth who then get the last play off spot as seventh. Put Sutton as 8th, as I guess you need to have a final league table.

If their business model works for them with a plastic pitch in the NL then fine but stay in the NL and let teams 2-8 become the new 1-7. Also let them keep the NL Trophy for coming first in their boardroom cabinet.

In fact wherever Sutton finish, be it second, third, fourth or whatever, if it's in the top 7 then push them down to 8th and let the others who finished below them but 8th or higher all move up one place.

I am sure the relegation of Sutton from the NL option will appeal to Guiseley, Chester and co and also the other option of only one team coming down from EFL2 will be great news for that traditional famous old team team FGR from the footballing hotbed of Gloucester but neither of those options hardly seems fair or proportionate.

Come on Barrow!yes get in Barrow 1-0 up

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net