Match Thread: Wolves V Bristol Rover(CC 3 R, Home, 19/09/17)
September 19 2017
Bristol Rovers Visit Molinuex today in the third round of the Carabao Cup looking to cause an upset. It has been a while since Wolves went any further than round three so would be nice if they could get past this tricky little fixture.
- Wolves have faced Bristol Rovers just once in the League Cup, a fourth-round victory in October 1972 on their way to their first-ever semi-final in the competition.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have progressed past lower league opposition in 11 of their last 12 League Cup games at the Molineux, although the last seven have been against League Two sides.
- The third round is the furthest Bristol Rovers have been in the League Cup since they lost to Wolves in the fourth round in 1972/73.
- Wolves haven't reached the fourth round as a second-tier side since 1995-96, eventually reaching the quarter-final.
- After seven successive away losses to opposition from a higher tier, the Gas defeated Fulham in the last round; they haven't knocked out two higher-league sides since 1972/73, when they knocked out three (Cardiff, Brighton and Manchester United).
Head To Head
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017:09:23:07:45:27 by Badge32.
Bright has a good shot but still fails to score when it's saved
4 mins added time before extra time