Poll: Player Of The Season
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 29 April, 2019 10:01

Who would get your Player Of The Season vote from those who have made most appearances?

Rui Patricio
Ryan Bennett
Romaine Saiss
Connor Coady
Willy Boly
Matt Doherty
Leander Dendoncker
Ruben Neves
Joao Moutinho
Jonny Castro Otto
Ruben Vinagre
Morgan Gibbs-White
Adam Traore
Raul Jimenez
Diogo Jota

You must be logged in to vote.

12 Votes

Show results

Considering the focus on Liverpool and Manchester City for the members of the 'Premier League Team of the Season' it was undoubtedly pleasing for us all to see three Wolves players make it into Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy's 'Team From the Rest of The Premier League' on BBC's Match of the Day 2 last night. Willy Boly, Joao Moutinho and Raul Jimenez were selected.

The vote is now open through the Wolves App for the Wolves Player of the Season, so please tell us who you think should win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/05/2019 17:54 by Cheshire wolf.

Re: Poll: Player Of The Season
Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 29 April, 2019 11:36

Matt Doherty for me

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 29 April, 2019 12:45

Doherty is a good shout, as Jiminez would be and if Jota had played as well in the first half of the season as he did in the second, he would have been worthy but Moutinho for me.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 29 April, 2019 14:58

A tough choice this year, I think. Doc, Coady, Moutinho, Jota, Jiminez, Boly - you can make decent arguments for them all.

Jota edges it as my favourite player both this season and last. He's made the transition to the premier league, he's strong, tenacious, a real fighter and not short of skill too. I understand the arguments that he was somewhat 'slower' to respnd early season, however his contribution as a player in his own right and his contribution to the Jiminez partnership is so exciting.

Jota for me as player of the season, if I had a 1-2-3, it'd be Doc second and Jiminez / Moutinho neck and neck for third.

Ask me tomorrow, and I could change my mind - so many great contributions.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 29 April, 2019 16:43

My choice is Connor Coady. The fact that he has played every minute of every game for us this season and has led from the back means to me that he has had a very special season.

I too recognise what a superb season Moutinho has had and the impact he has had upon our team in his first season with us, and similarly the way Raul Jimenez has settled and gone on to become our top scoring Premiership player. I also agree with the plaudits given to Diogo Jota and Doherty, but I think Coady has been a superb leader, role model and defender for us throughout and, as runner-up last season deserves it this year.

Date: 29 April, 2019 17:36

Coady and Boly 2nd and 3rd respectively for me.. I gave it to Doherty because unlike the 2 already mentioned he is able to link up defence and attack with superb play at times on the right flank whilst bar set pieces which particularly suits Boly, the other 2 aren't as versatile. That said, you wouldn't have an issue with any one of a number of players winning the award unlike past seasons where people were making sarcastic nominations due to how dire everyone was. I forgot what season it was and who it was, but there was one season around 6 years ago where everyone voted for a player who never played lol

Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 16:59

Very difficult . I'll go for Moutinho for all round classy performances, but the other contenders have all been great.

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 30 April, 2019 18:12

As Ivy has already mentioned it is a very difficult decision given the high level all players have attained.
But it’s Jota for me, his tenacity and never say die attitude is a pleasure to see. Selfless and non complaining attitude coupled with his goals and assists tally makes him a team member to rely upon.
But let’s face it, the whole team has been brilliant.

Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 12:44

Angry wolf - what about Andy Kehoe? lol

I voted Doherty for his consistancy, I think this is key to voting in such a poll.
Also he chipped in with some very important goals.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 16:54

Tough one but I went for Moutinho. The way he sprays it around, breaks up play, and sends in those balls from free-kicks and corners; magic! But there have been so many great performances across the team.
We will likely have better seasons, but as they come we will probably have higher expectations. So this year and last have been very special.
Hope Nuno recognizes it when the Big Offer comes, or when we all turn on him (as we will).

Date: 06 May, 2019 10:12

I have to say how disappointing I find it that there are only ten of us on this board sufficiently interested to say who gets our vote as Player of the Season after such a superb season.

There are a number of players on the Prediction League who don't even bother taking part in these threads. Perhaps someone could tell me why, as I do have to wonder at times whether my efforts to keep this board afloat are worthwhile!!

Date: 06 May, 2019 10:21

It's a poor show but then what's the alternative site? The mix is far too heavily moderated and Ive been on "pre mod" for years now with no post appearing till it gets approved by a bunch of bored people with delusions of grandeur thinking vetting posts makes their life worthwhile hours later. There's always the wolves forum but I can't see that working out somehow (Sm6)

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 10:25

I couldn't tell you Chesh. It probably needs someone who doesn't post to tell you why they don't. Personally I think your efforts are well worthwhile and with the prospect of possible European football next season, that may encourage some.

Date: 06 May, 2019 10:59

Further to the above post, I've personally reduced my post contribution not just due to declining activity on here but I've made an active effort to minimise my time spent on football/social media sites in general. As I'm getting older, I realise the net attracts a disproportional number of what I can only describe as dysfunctional individuals with facebook for eg on the community pages having posts including things like " woz " and init " from idiots either due to basic illiteracy or masquerading as some kind of online gangster to impress people deliberately typing in text talk. This site is a great site with some decent posters but it's quite rare- the infamous wolves forum has moderators who ban or mute anyone challenging their absurd views which have been well documented on here over the years and other sites have a clique of old boys with thousands of posts who pat each other on the back daily at their ever increasing post count that in many cases have never been to Molineux.

Another pet hate of mine is the rise of the overseas fan due to the net that have no affiliations with wolves and simply pick "supporting "them due to being bored on the web. Clearly posters like Chicago who have moved overseas are supporters but many forums have a huge percentage of people that have never been to Wolverhampton , never mind Molineux- it'd be like me going online picking the new York giants because I saw a tall guy once in new York and ended up a fan courtesy of google.. it's ridiculous really when you get posters preaching for patience as we had years ago under Morgan who have never been to a live wolves match in their wretched lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2019 11:09 by an angry wolf.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 16:21

Quote:
an angry wolf
Further to the above post, I've personally reduced my post contribution not just due to declining activity on here but I've made an active effort to minimise my time spent on football/social media sites in general.
Another pet hate of mine is the rise of the overseas fan due to the net that have no affiliations with wolves and simply pick "supporting "them due to being bored on the web. Clearly posters like Chicago who have moved overseas are supporters but many forums have a huge percentage of people that have never been to Wolverhampton , never mind Molineux- it'd be like me going online picking the new York giants because I saw a tall guy once in new York and ended up a fan courtesy of google.. it's ridiculous really when you get posters preaching for patience as we had years ago under Morgan who have never been to a live wolves match in their wretched lives.

Thanks Angry,
For many years I used to read Molineux Way posts, because I felt the conversation was a bit more 'real' than other blogs. But I did not feel qualified to post myself, since I get to UK only two or three times a year, so seldom get the chance to go to matches regularly. I feel much better about it now because the ground is full every week and the although I have only been once this season (to the Shrewsbury replay) my absence no longer means much to the club.
Anyway I will carry on while the site still has a pulse (it did not have much of one during this fabulous last couple of seasons).
Chesire's match-day commentaries are above, and beyond, the call of duty. I only realize how tough they are to do when I join in and find my posts are late/lame.

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 17:03

I for one really appreciate your efforts Chesh.
This is the only forum that makes sense and although there are only a few of us that make regular contributions I regularly pop in to see what the latest news and views are. It is a mystery that we don’t have greater participation but it would be a shame if it were lost to the faithful few.

Posted by: Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 21:45

Quote:
Cheshire wolf
I have to say how disappointing I find it that there are only ten of us on this board sufficiently interested to say who gets our vote as Player of the Season after such a superb season.
There are a number of players on the Prediction League who don't even bother taking part in these threads. Perhaps someone could tell me why, as I do have to wonder at times whether my efforts to keep this board afloat are worthwhile!!

I know how you feel Chesh, that's why I retired from doing the match threads. It may gather the most views but participation in it is extremely lacking. After doing it for a few years I decided to devote the time to Jan instead now she isn't a season ticket holder any longer.
My vote went to Doherty.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 07 May, 2019 08:18

The shortlist was Jota, Jiminez and Moutinho, Jao obviously getting the nod. A fine season for many players! Congrats to Moutinho.

In terms of activity on the site, quality not quantity Chesh! I jest, it would be great to see more posting and there have been a few who have returned with hello’s this year, nevertheless the level of contribution seems to have been fairly consistent, no dramatic growth or contraction.

As for the match threads, if I’m around, I like to contribute and if I’m at the match, I always review and compare to my match experience. I really appreciate them.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 11 May, 2019 10:16

Thanks for the positive responses guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net