Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Poor transfer window so far
Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 18:27

Ashley-Seal to Accrington Stanley on loan. About right at present, an opportunity for the lad.

Jordan Graham as well - on loan to the Gills. A really good prospect of a player who never hit the heights .... perhaps he should have. I’d forgot he was still on our books

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: maiseytaw (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 06:18

Another poor transfer window. Ended with less first team players than we started with despite Nuno being desperate for numbers. Fosun's words and actions do not match sadly.

Posted by: barmy army wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 09:38

I am more angry, bewildered that we let Ryan go before Saiss....
shocking state of affairs!!

Have they all forgotten his long throws into the box were, most times more useful than corners!

And to go the a Premier league team that are 3rd???

I think its a great move by lester! 👏👏👏

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 10:17

Given our recent dire shortfall of players, I too am really surprised we’ve ended up with less players than we started. Just hope we don’t have further injuries. Even one of our recent and regular bench warmers (Ashley-Seal) has gone!

Extremely disappointed and bemused by Bennett’s departure.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 01 February, 2020 10:46

Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
Given our recent dire shortfall of players, I too am really surprised we’ve ended up with less players than we started. Just hope we don’t have further injuries. Even one of our recent and regular bench warmers (Ashley-Seal) has gone!
Extremely disappointed and bemused by Bennett’s departure.

I'd have fully understood if there was a much better replacement lined up. I'd have even partly understood if it was to free up salary for another signing. To let him go with no replacement in sight or any other incomings has left me questioning what on earth Fosun actually want. Actions speak louder than words, and Fosun's actions following their recent words have left me fairly angry.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 11:44

A while back I questioned on here why Jordan Graham, who had played so well for us, was not in contention. Someone replied that it was a poor attitude.
We do not see everything, and Nuno seems to be right more often than wrong. It seems inexplicable that we have added so little during this window. And Bennet going seems weird, but I felt that way with Bonatini and Helder Costa, long forgotten names.
My biggest worry is that if Nuno gets frustrated by lack of resources he will be more open when Man U come knocking (either this Monday or the end of May depending on tonight’s result).

Date: 01 February, 2020 12:01

Quote:
chicagowolf
A while back I questioned on here why Jordan Graham, who had played so well for us, was not in contention. Someone replied that it was a poor attitude.
We do not see everything, and Nuno seems to be right more often than wrong. It seems inexplicable that we have added so little during this window. And Bennet going seems weird, but I felt that way with Bonatini and Helder Costa, long forgotten names.
My biggest worry is that if Nuno gets frustrated by lack of resources he will be more open when Man U come knocking (either this Monday or the end of May depending on tonight’s result).

My biggest fear is that Nuno is solely responsible for our recent success and is nothing to do with Fosun's strategy at all. If you look at what we've actually spent net on transfers and wages under Fosun, it's more than covered by the Premier League money we've earned since promotion. That along with the constant dither over stadium redevelopment is starting to make me question their intentions.

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 12:19

I can understand the surprise and frustration regarding this transfer window and if we were still being steered by Morgan and Moxey I would accept it as the norm.
But we have moved on and the club and team are light years ahead of the M & M years thank goodness. I think that given that the January window is always difficult we have made one exiting signing and several youngsters who have been deemed suitable have also been secured, in fact the club has probably been more active than most others. Nuno has always had a philosophy for the club which embraces the development of youngsters and I feel that more of them will gain first team experience this season and next which allows him to move on players, young and older that he deems surplus. Some clubs try to buy instant success and spend recklessly thankfully Wolves seem to have a more measured approach which I feel will reap greater long term benefits. Nuno must be fully a part of this so I don’t anticipate him going anywhere soon.

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 13:22

I agree with a lot of what Lupinehowler says.
Whether we agree with it or not, Nuno has five players in the pecking order before Bennett and he knows more than any of us on here. There is a possibility that we could get £5m for him and he cost nothing.
None of us know how Nuno feels about the business that has been done, in fact I saw an interview with him where he said he was happy. We don't know if the right players were available at the right price or not. No signings are better than the wrong ones.
It's all a matter of opinion of course but I have never been keen on bringing in a lot of players in January. I was hoping we would bring in one forward and we have.
As I said earlier on this thread, I expect more activity in the summer window than this one.

Posted by: ` (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 13:52

Regardless of what some may say, it's clear fosun have scaled back investment since the Thomas cook debacle and wouldn't expect major investment in the summer either. Our summer recruitment was poor and we have effectively signed one player and a child this window who isnt even at the club having returned to Rochdale. I suspect fosun will sell up sooner rather than later

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net