Deano Jailed
Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2019 11:22

So they threw Dean Saunders into the clink for failing to provide a breathalyzer sample. Quite right too , arrogant creep.
Anyway, not his first crime as his loyal Wolves fans will attest.

Re: Deano Jailed
Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2019 12:49

Just read this on the BBC - he's got 10 months and 30 months ban on driving. I wonder what hysterical metaphors he'll be using for this event?

Here's an old one:
"If you have no personal pride and you don’t really care how you play on a Saturday, you will stop and have a cheeseburger and chips when you feel like one. But if you’ve got pride that you won’t play well if you eat it, you don’t eat it. And you won’t stop by the pub and drink three pints of lager if you’re worried about how you’re going to play in four days’ time, you go home"

He could have considered taking his own advice regarding the lager, you'd suspect ... but then again he'd have to fathom out what he was talking about in the first place.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2019 21:49

I think we need to separate dislike for Saunders with the actual case itself and suspect he will get this sentence overturned. I don't obviously condone drink driving but when you consider very few people convicted of this end in jail unless there are significant aggravating circumstances, the sentence is not consistant with what others would expect to receive.

The basic premise of any fair system is to treat all individuals equally in the eyes of the law regardless of gender , sexuality , race and in this case status. The judge is quoted as saying " "In fact the opposite is true - someone in the public eye should expect a deterrent sentence when they flout the law." To give someone in the " public eye " a more severe punishment than the average lay person is not just wrong morally but legally. No one should be given a different sentence to "deter " people because they are more well known and it's a ridiculous thing for a judge to say in a court which is supposed to operate with no discrimination.

All things being said, given his time at wolves and the fact he was a BT pundit, I wont be preparing his appeal statement to the court.

Date: 29 August, 2019 15:33

He’s been released!! (Sm2)

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 29 August, 2019 17:36

I'm not surprised he's out , the legal system in this country is laughable and the initial judge jailing him should probably take up a new occupation as the sentence is proportional to others

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2019 11:49

[url=http://[m.youtube.com]]Delano’s arrest[/url]

Just seen this which has been released by Chester Police (I can’t understand why as I thought it would have been confidential) but it doesn’t look good! Agree with Angry though - he shouldn’t be treated any different in court to the rest of us, except the level of fine payable.

Date: 30 August, 2019 12:05

Don't forget the additional charge of crimes against football Chesh, that must have been taken into account too.

Amazing the video has been released, under what authority who knows. Obviously it is very clear that Deano claims that he had one pint ........ of course as he hasn't been convicted of drink driving, so we must believe his claim 100% without question and, having watched the video, it would be completely outrageous to suggest anything to the contrary, even to consider he may have had another swift half.

Date: 30 August, 2019 20:03

I'm not condoning his behaviour but the behaviour of the police/CPS is outrageous really from the laughing cop " you can't stand up " to being accused of arrogance to breaching basic privacy laws showing this footage. When you consider the swearing screaming loud mouth drunks with obscured faces on shows like police camera action getting non custodial sentences, it puts the police/ justice system in a very bad light. He is essentially being made an eg of with no fair application of law to all people equally but then human nature is what it is... you only have to look on the mix to see a bunch of bored middle aged sad acts spending their working day seeing who can come up with the best lame joke mocking Saunders in jail until he was released. He may be a limited manager but the nastiness and vitriol shows the site up for what it is.. there's nothing remotely funny at someone going to prison for drink driving regardless if you think it's a custodial deserving sentence of not. No doubt twitter is awash with bird brains trying to impress each other with their sad memes of it all

Date: 05 October, 2019 15:31

As I predicted the original sentence overturned - some daft people about thinking this was a fair sentence compared to other crimes and the judge clearly agreed. I think the original judge /magistrate should be in court himself answering charges of misconduct in public office implying famous people should be treated differently to the common layperson as they clearly don't understand the fundamentals of English law.

Date: 06 October, 2019 04:49

As a matter of law he was not treated as he should have been.
Still not sure about his Wolverhampton misdemeanors

Date: 06 October, 2019 04:49

As a matter of law he was not treated as he should have been.
Still not sure about his Wolverhampton misdemeanors

Date: 06 October, 2019 08:50

I’m certainly not going to argue against the overturning of the original sentence though Deano comes out of this with zero credit, quite rightly. I’d forgotten he originally didn’t want to serve community service due to his punditry (why??) which he will do now. An interesting turn around! The following is taken word for word from the BBC, reading the final sentence, is this an admission of drink driving, which of course he hasn’t been charged with?

Judge Everett said the district judge had been right to jail Saunders but, because of his previous good character and the prospect of rehabilitation, he could now suspend the sentence.
"The sheer shame is going to live with you for the rest of your life," he added.
"You should literally hang your head in shame by what you did.
"I suggest you take the opportunity to tell others that it really isn't worth it. Drink-driving is a terrible thing."
In a statement released by the League Managers Association, Saunders said: "I want to apologise to the court, my family and all of the people I have let down as a result of my actions.
"I made a terrible error of judgment for which I have been rightly punished, and I wholeheartedly regret that it happened.
"I accept that I have been given an opportunity by the court and I hope that people can learn from my experience. The message is a simple one - don't ever drink and drive."

Date: 06 October, 2019 12:39

Well its certainly shameful but it's very rare for any judge to publicly criticise another judge. What's an equal disgrace to Saunders behaviour and perhaps more so are the blatant lies told by police but then that's no surprise as they are one of the most corrupt organisations around.

Date: 06 October, 2019 13:59

Quote:
an angry wolf
they are one of the most corrupt organisations around.

We have the best police force money can buy 😃

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net