Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Manchester City
Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 27 December, 2019 21:58

Wow! What a match. Fantastic result. I think we are the first team to do the double over any Pep Team, whatever the country.
I've made it known before how I hate VAR and it needs scrapping. Neither of those decisions were Clear and obvious which is when it was supposed to be used. Totally ruining the game but thankfully it didn't ruin this one.
A great comeback and extra pleasing that we broke down a 10 man defence which we struggled to do last season.
We've probably won the title for Liverpool but who cares. Hopefully we can now do City a favour on Sunday.
Full credit to everyone of the team.

Posted by: Ian.PershoreWolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 December, 2019 22:13

Happy Christmas and a great new year to everyone.
Thought this was gonna be Tottenham revisited at 2-0 down. Great effort and fully deserved win.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 December, 2019 01:31

A simply superb match but I wasn’t saying that at half time!

What a comeback, some, I’m sure, will point out we played against 10 for 80 minutes, nevertheless it was against top quality opposition as well as the hideous nature of VAR.

The red was right but my exasperation with the penalty decision was just like 90% of the ground and all of us watching. How on earth can VAR overturn the refs decision for a goal kick, and the time taken to arrive at the decision was obscene. ‘Clear and obvious’ was the terminology used to tell us at the start of the season when VAR would be used to overturn an on field decision. What was clear and obvious was this came nowhere near this ridiculous definition. I felt cheated, furious, resigned and much much more. Something has to be done, VAR is descending football in chaos.

As for the decision to retake the penalty , i was apoplectic with rage! Okay encroachment by Coady did happen but one of the City players was in front of him when the penalty was taken. How unlucky was Patricio? Twice

As for the second half, the Sterling second was very well taken, aided by Donk failing to set the offside trap and Patricio going down too early.

Then we were just terrific! Traore, again, was magnificent however the whole team kept on pushing for the opening, I credit them all. Our first goal ... what cracker! The second, Brilliant hassling and play from Adama with a cute Raul finish and a superb 1-2 between Jimenez and the Doc for our third ...... cue ‘scenes’! From despondency to exhilaration in 45 minutes.

What a team we have, so proud of ‘um. As fans we can ask for no more .... effort, skill, energy, quality with high, high drama. Not too sure whether my cardiovascular system can put up with it though! In which case, I’ll settle for a no fuss, no nonsense, boring 2-0 Wolves win at Anfield on Sunday....... !!

All the very best to our team, UTW

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 28 December, 2019 11:15

Well what a satisfying evening. Watched the match with some Liverpool supporters who, naturally, were over the moon with the result. Interestingly they were also saying that they do not relish the idea of playing us this weekend and although they are obviously confident they recognise that they will recieve a good challenge from us.
Great effort from the lads and we never give up.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 December, 2019 11:23

Still buzzin.

Just saying!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2019 11:19

Regarding the VAR issue:
I fail to understand the ongoing discussions about the referee going to the sidelines and reviewing the play for himself on the screen which is in-situ. Surely the VAR ref should be able to recommend this to him so he can review it and make a decision for himself rather than being overruled.

I was more infuriated by the 'encroachment' issue. I have seen games where - I think it was Leicester - the penalty was saved then another player converted, but VAR showed he had encroached before the kick was taken. I fully understand this being ruled out. However Coady stood well back from the line and was only reaching the line when the ball was struck, before going into the area and clearing the rebound from Rui. Saiss and Jonny were encroaching but had no involvement at all, and as Ivybridge has said, Bernardo Silva was ahead of all our players, so I do not understand why it should have been retaken, and just seems to be bureaucracy at its worst.

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 29 December, 2019 15:54

I agree hat Bernardo Silva was ahead of our players and I must admit that I don't know what the ruling is on that. Unfortunately though, Coady had encroached into the "D" which he shouldn't have.
The only clear and obvious thing about VAR is that it should be dumped.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net