Clarification re: Removed post
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 20:24

I feel it is appropriate and necessary to inform members of this board about an incident on here over the weekend and a post left by one of our members.

I did some tidying up of the board on Saturday by editing of posts to make them no longer sticky's and as I was out Saturday evening saw no more activity on her. Yesterday morning I noted that three thread titles had been removed and replaced with commas. These were The 'Wolves Europa League' Corona Virus' and 'An Interesting Read' threads which had all been started by An Angry Wolf. I then read the post left by him complaining that a post he had made had been removed, and complaining of 'draconian censorship'. I stated at the time that I knew nothing about such a removal, and my fellow Moderator Ivybridge Wolf also confirmed that he had no knowledge of this.

I can now confirm that the post was removed by Sportnetwork. I have now seen the post, and it is a further development of the topic, but contains language which may be considered by some to be homophobic, offensive and inappropriate for a football based internet forum.

This forum is hosted by Sportnetwork and in my opinion they have an absolute right to remove any material that is considered to be offensive or sensitive, and which may put their name in a bad light - especially in these days when Social Media is held up to close scrutiny in so many ways.

A short while ago An Angry Wolf found himself unable to log on to his account on here as he could not remember his password or the email address he originally used. As Moderator I was able to seek and achieve the assistance of Sportnetwork in getting him back on line. I have no wish to see him leave this forum now as I find his opinions generally interesting and often entertaining. However as in much of life there is a line which should not be crossed, and if it is there are usually ramifications.

In my view the situation has been dealt with appropriately. I just want you to know that we do our best to keep this site running positively for all, and to answer any concerns you may have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 12:48 by Ivybridge Wolf.

Re: Clarification re: Removed post
Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 21:12

Here’s hoping that Angry returns.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 23:31

Cheshire, a well worded and considered post, I agree.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: barmy army wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 03 March, 2020 15:06

👊🏻

Posted by: maiseytaw (IP Logged)
Date: 03 March, 2020 19:39

I didn't see the post so I can't comment specifically on it but I'm sure An Angry Wolf didn't mean any harm by whatever it was.

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 03 March, 2020 21:52

I can see what you are saying Chesh and I suppose Sportsnetwork do have the right to delete posts, although there is a question of freedom of speech for me.
This year is the 75th anniversary of the end of the war. I always think of you as being one of the more intelligent amongst us and I wont insult that intelligence by saying what they fought for.
I agree that in this day and age, rightly or wrongly, people have to be careful what they say or write but I am a bit of an oldie and wasn't offended by anything in the post.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net