Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Brighton & HA
Posted by: maiseytaw (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2020 13:52

Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
An off day for sure.
Agree about Vinagre. He was the source of many of my frustrations, always seemed to look to play the ball back when he had acres to run into or attack their right back .... especially in the second half. Was he asked to do that? He cut back so often, I did wonder if he was under instruction, he doesn't normally play like that. Who knows, but he's very much still learning and I don't want to be too critical, however Jonny is our man in that position - when available.

I highly doubt Nuno would have told him to do that. It was comical at times, on one particular occasion in the second half there must have been 60 yards of space on that left wing for him to run into, only for him to cut back before getting to the half way line and pass back to Saiss. I admit to getting angry at that point and having a go, something I regret now, but it was incredibly frustrating when we desperately needed to get forward.

He's a talented player when his confidence is there, but much like Gibbs-White he hasn't done often enough when given the chance. Both badly need a loan move, preferably playing every game for a Championship side. It's already benefitting Dion Sanderson, who has made an excellent start at Cardiff according to their fans.

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2020 14:11

I agree entirely regarding MGW and that Vinagre had a poor match yesterday. Jonny should still be first choice when fit but Vinagre is normally fairly sound, especially going forward, and that was certainly the worst game I've seen him have so I'm not going to be too critical and as he is usually much better than that I wouldn't want him loaned out.

Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 09 March, 2020 22:44

I made the comment during the game that I am often frustrated by Vinagre too. I think he is a very talented and promising young player, but I hope he learns soon that he doesn't always need to beat a player before he can pass the ball!

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net