Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Aston Villa vs Wolves
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 13:21

Nolan’s totally cocks up his throw and Jota inexplicably smashes it over the bar rather than place it In the corner. Don’t think Diogo can have realised the options he had. Villa stopped by Jonny at the other end. Looks like we’re going to rely on Adama after the break again!! Four added minutes due to Targett’s injury

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 13:21

Love him to bits but that miss from Jota was terrible. Went about it all wrong

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 27 June, 2020 13:27

Half time and it is goalless. Generally an evenly matched game, although Wolves have had periods of excellent precise passing and possession in the Villa half, but no final balls or threat. Villa have huffed and puffed but only brought one save out of Rui. Jota should definitely have given us the lead after a dreadful throw by Nyland but he had a sudden rush of blood to the head. Villa are playing for free kicks persistently but otherwise don’t offer a lot. Look out for our substitutes making an early appearance in second half!!

Date: 27 June, 2020 13:28

Grew into the match nicely, yet again the better side and yet again nothing to show for it at half time. Actually, if you want a bet, bet 0-0 in any match, you won’t go far wrong, its the story of Project Restart.

Here we go again then, instead of being 1-0 up, we are going to have to rely on some finishing (hopefully) in the second half. I’m not feeling too dismayed, we have every chance, just frustrated with Diogo messing it up. I’d be so happy if he scored.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 13:40

Solid and workman like first half from Wolves. Need a bit more creativity up front as the Villa defence don’t look confident when we are running at them and I can see them being red carded before the match is over.
Jota ********.
Seemed like we pressed more as the half progressed so more of the same in the second half please with the eventual introduction of Adama to add some extra panic to the defenders.
Let’s just hope Villa don’t steal a goal and make things more difficult than they should be.

Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 13:54

Here's Adama!!

Date: 27 June, 2020 13:55

Started a bit sloppy, then a period of really good possession but with nothing to show.

Traore on.

Date: 27 June, 2020 13:56

0-1 Dendonker.

Date: 27 June, 2020 13:57

Adama ready to join the fray., replacing Jota. He links up with Raul, Jonny & Donk and Donk puts it into bottom corner with a smart strong left footed shot.
Villa 0 Wolves 1

Date: 27 June, 2020 13:58

Great goal. Started superbly by Jonny in defence .... fast forward, Jonny involved again and the Donk ..... great goal!!

Mr T was involved too 😂

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:00

And strangely we might have expected Donk to have been replaced by Adama!!

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:04

Adama earns a corner which Donk puts just wide off his knee. Just seeing the goal again which was started by wonder play by Jonny, and an equally superb pass into the box from Raul. Just need Raul to convert from an Adama cross now to maintain our post lockdown standards!!

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:09

Great block by Boly on a sweet looking shot from Grealish. Free kick by Grealish finds Hause’s head again and wide again.

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:10

How long before Neto?

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:14

Some erratic passing creeping into our game, but good tackling also. Adama caught offside after a good pass from Raul. I think Neto & Podence may join soon Ivy. Good pass by Adama to epset up a snap shot hpby Donk blocked by Mings

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:18

Neto being prepared for the last 7 minutes plus AT

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:20

No goal for Raul today as he is replaced by Pedro Neto. Raul has made a huge contribution once again

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:25

Great to have a player like Neto being available to bring on.

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:25

Good refereeing Craig Pawson. Leander Dendoncker gets Man of the Match from Glenn Hoddle

Date: 27 June, 2020 14:28

Five added minutes to play.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net