Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Sheffield United vs Wolves
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 18:09

McBurnie replaced by Moussetfor Utd & the first thing he does is spit on the pitch!!!

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:13

Free kick by Joao cleared & blasted over by Neves. Sharpe picked out well and finds the net clearly offside.

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:19

We continue to defend well but toothless up front. Jota made another fine run but fizzled out with Raul. Great pass by Stephens across our area but too far ahead of their strikers. Hit & hope from Adama wastes an attacking chance.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 18:19

Blades seem to be making the most of some sloppy passing from Wolves - they’re putting pressure on and creating a few problems. 59 minutes gone and we’re a bit off the pace for the moment. COYW!!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:21

‘Toothless up front’

Difficult to disagree with that.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:26

Quote:
Ivybridge Wolf
‘Toothless up front’
Difficult to disagree with that.
That’s a relief!!!

Stephens booked for an attempted cynical foul on Adama. Crosses are too close to Henderson - he’s a big lad!

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:33

Sharp off for Utd during the drinks break, replaced by Zipkovic who is apparently Dutch!!
Hard won ballon the right by Adama & puts a good cross in cleared for a throw. Raul playing well in all areas of the pitch. CC’s passing not so good tonight

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:35

Where is a goal coming from in this match?
15 minutes to find one, either side ...... poor fare this half. If we do get one, hard to see Traore not being involved TBH

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:38

Forget that, Nuno replaces him with the Donk!

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:39

Adama off & a Donk on

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:52

3 added minutes - free kick then corner for Utd. Please bring a positive end to this turgid game!!

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:53

And they score from the second corner Egan again - always on the b’stard cards

Date: 08 July, 2020 18:58

They all talk about us scoring in the second half in games - well we never looked like getting one again today. Utd made a good surge towards near the end and it was a good header to win it. So disappointed with the lack of forward play from our team tonight. The constant passing backwards when a move forward has started is so frustrating and unproductive. At this rate we will be lucky to qualify for Europa League again!
Sheffield Utd 1 Wolves 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 19:05 by Cheshire wolf.

Date: 08 July, 2020 19:07

A draw was always on the cards tonight ..... based on play. The first half we showed promise but in the second, oh dear, so disappointing.

A draw would have been fair but we didn’t create any chances of note and on that basis can be argued we deserved nothing, despite being the away side. And there lies the issue to our otherwise great team .......... we are just not creative enough in the final third to deserve a top 4 place ...... and I say that through gritted teeth. Look at the sides really pushing for these top place ....... goals, goals, goals!! Maybe it was right to take off Traore, maybe he was a bit jaded but once again, although he was quiet by his standards, he still offers the most exciting moments ..... even tonight. You just don’t get the feeling we’re going to spank anyone at the moment!

Everton on Sunday ....... let’s smash the Toffees!! Time to really put a side under pressure. Please no fizzling of this otherwise great season.

UTW

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 19:07

Well, I suppose it was better than Saturday.
Never looked like scoring. Have to say I thought Traore was poor apart from a couple of runs and Boly nowhere near his usual standard. Don't read me wrong, I like Boly but today at times Raul defended better.
I know I'm a miserable old sod but I hope this idea of playing the match in what is effectively four quarters doesn't catch on. What they needed a water break for in that weather Christ knows.

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 19:17

Again some sloppy passing didn’t allow us to create anything and the reluctance to allow the midfielders to move further forward and apply extra pressure doesn’t put any real threat to their defenders who generally only have to cope with Raul.
Not playing at our best at the moment, need to find that old spark.

Date: 08 July, 2020 19:24

Being reported now that Nuno says Adama did dislocate hi shoulder just after kick off

Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 19:48

The fact Adama was injured not playing to his full potential subsequently resulting in the turgid rubbish of this game illustrates what a one man team we are without him carrying as much offensive threat as a one armed anorexic clutching a feather duster going into battle.

We are so predictable in attack and have been in some time. Traores pace trying to unlock defences or long range pot luck shots from Neves who at times does nothing else. Jota is not good enough at this level in either creativity or finishing with a midfield that is far too slow to be considered anywhere near a top side. Today was as bad as anything I've ever seen watching wolves even going back to the Colin Lee/Dave Jones era where at one point we were on the edge of the box proceeding to then back pass all the way to the keeper.. what's all that about?

We seem to be a counter attacking team with no flexibility to change style based on who we play and suspect we would struggle to beat a league 2 side similar to Shrewsbury playing them on a regular basis yet will give " top " teams problems as our defensive counter attacking game is suited to having hardly any possession and breaking quickly.

Another point of interest is the tactics regarding the 1st half where if league tables based on just the first half were produced we would be rock bottom of the league even below Norwich. I think it's deliberate from Nuno to do the bare minimum in the first 45 minutes keeping players fresh and then going flat out in the second half... it's hard to argue with results but it's got to the stage where I'm tempted not to bother finding streams before the HT whistle goes as it is nailed on to be Wolves with a 0 next to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 19:50 by `.

Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 20:10

When Neves scores from outside the area it looks great, but he is going to have to vary his game more and be more creative in the final third. I wonder what percentage of his pot shots actually hit the back of the net, or at least force a diving save from the oppositions goalkeeper.

Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 20:16

In addition, I'm also extremely disappointed to see the ridiculous virtue signalling of wolves players ( and other teams) kneeling for the " black lives matter movement ". This organisation is purported to deal with racism but it's an extreme far left group close to Marxism supporting anti capitalism as well as disbanding police forces etc... witnessing footballers on thousands of pounds per week adopting a subservient kneeling stance behind this group is not only hypocritical but utterly laughable.

Football is a working mans sport which serves as a form of escapism for many and should not be used as a platform to advertise organisations like this which many including me don't support. I would take it as a given the vast majority of people don't care what colour a persons skin is and expecting players to kneel like lapdogs to prove they don't condone racism is disgusting and as pathetic as people wanting to tear down statues of Winston churchill etc so they can take a few selfies on twatter/fb

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net