Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Match Thread: Wolves vs Crystal Palace
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 20:51

Joao gets an arm in the face, then PD brought down by Ward who gets a yellow card

Date: 20 July, 2020 20:55

Jonny fouls Towsend 10 yds outside our area. Free kick well collected by Rui. It’s all a bit stalemate so far.

Posted by: an angry wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 20:58

A first half wolves goal (Sm2)

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)

Well that was a goal worthy of me getting me off the subject of Belgium!

Superb ball from Moutinho, Doc in a brilliant forward positive and Dear Podence heads from 5-6 yards. Really excellent move!!

UTW

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Joao feeds Doc and he puts it on Podence’s head for his first goal for the club. Great move
Wolves 1 Palace 0

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:02

A bit of late pressure from Palace, 3-4 minutes of free kick, corner, free kick, possession and approach play. Defended very well and still 60 seconds left of the half

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:06

Three added minutes played and it’s half time. A really well created goal for PD to open his account with, which has brightened up an otherwise pretty poor game. Saha and Ayew are doing their best to play the referee with their antics and I fear he falls for most of them which is a worry to me. We need another storming second half performance now to try and equal Spurs’ GD
Wolves 1 Palace 0

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:19

Fair comment Chesh, a poor half of little entertainment brightened up by another really good goal by Wolves. What is it with us since the restart, we don’t score half as many as we should but when we do, they all seem very good goals indeed.

It’s the same as Burnley however, and all other matches, 1 goal leads are never enough, we really need another one (or more) because I would be surprised not to see some chances opening up in the second half for Palace who haven’t been that bad and are certainly not out of it ..... and yes, ideally another 3 to overtake the Spurs GD.

One final word on Belgium, and I am receiving no fee from their tourist board here, but I urge all who are able, to visit Bruges (Brugge in Flemish ...... it another Flemish town , for the record!). A wonderful, mystical city with plenty of Belgium beer and only 80 minutes drive from the tunnel. Watch the film ‘In Bruges’ to whet your appetite, a modern day classic in its own right. If you time it right, you could even spend an evening watching Club Brugge play football.

Posted by: Billericay Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 21:22

The lack of "crowd power" seems to have affected Wolves more than some other teams in this abnormal part of the season.

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:23

Great play by Jonny down left wing. Excellent cross by Adama into the danger area put out for a corner. Doesn’t clear first man

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:28

Clear handball there from Zaha there whilst on the ground and the ref inexplicably gave a free kick to Palace. If they’d have scored from that I would have been fuming

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:29

Zara’s antics win through again!!! Free kick well defended. Schlupp should have been booked for a foul from behind on Adama

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:29

It'd be nice to finish 6th, but as 7th gets us Europa league football it isn't the end of the world if we miss the coveted 6th spot. I'm looking forward to our Europa league games more than the end of this league which seeing pool run away with it has been a damp squid in many ways although we have had some fantastic results notably the victories against spurs and city home/away

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:36

Dare I say it, we playing decent stuff this half. Look a lot more dangerous and stretching the Palace defence.

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:36

PD should have got another after a good effort by Adama. One hour played - another corner fails to beat the first man. Another foul by McCarthy gets him a yellow card

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:40

Ayew goes down in agony after hardly being touched by CC and once again the ref buys it & gives CC a yellow card. Free kick cleared well. I agree with Ivy we are playing better and Palace are struggling to cope with us.

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:40

Almost again for Podence who couldn’t quite get to the ball before the keeper. Lovely headed knock on by Jimenez

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:42

What a classy goal from Jonny with his right foot after great play by Adama & Raul
Wolves 2 Palace 0

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:42

Was coming!! 2-0

Brilliant Traore right wing play, crosses, scuffs off Jimenez but Jonny with plenty to do and back to goal, turns and shoots powerfully into the back of the net. Another really good finish

Date: 20 July, 2020 21:43

One of the goals of the season from both a team perspective in terms of movement and individual skill from Traore and Jonny

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net