Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Match Thread: West Ham United vs Wolves
Posted by: Cheshire wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 21:29

I wonder whether Nuno might consider putting Dendoncker back into the back three and move Boly back over to the left of defence for a spell. We're certainly missing Jonny, so let's hope Marcal won't be out for too long. Otherwise I think it's going to take a little while for the new boys to gel properly - and that will probably involve extra training - but Fabio, Vitinha and Hoever did quite well after coming on. I also think we need to get Adama playing more through the centre, especially when we are playing teams with defenders bigger than our forwards like tonight!!

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 22:25

Dire performance in which very few of the players came out with any merit.
One of the few times I may give Match of the day a miss, couldn’t stomach watching that disjointed excuse of a team effort again.
Think we missed Podence tonight and Traore under performed, outshone by Antonio.
If this is a transition phase I can only hope that it is over soon.

Posted by: chicagowolf (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 23:29

Dire, miserable stuff.
Of course this is exactly what happens when you rejoice and throw a party after giving Nuno a vast three year deal; kind of like the Manager of The Month Curse.
Look on the bright side; nobody will be coming to poach our stars during what remains of the transfer window.

Posted by: Ivybridge Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2020 10:50

Anybody feeling any better this morning?

No, I thought not.

Bloody horror show.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/97/b1/7497b1d1e231e8f83fc02db12bc473da--uk-football-sports-logos.jpg

Posted by: Andy Fincher (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2020 11:11

Quote:
Cheshire wolf
I wonder whether Nuno might consider putting Dendoncker back into the back three and move Boly back over to the left of defence for a spell. We're certainly missing Jonny, so let's hope Marcal won't be out for too long. Otherwise I think it's going to take a little while for the new boys to gel properly - and that will probably involve extra training - but Fabio, Vitinha and Hoever did quite well after coming on. I also think we need to get Adama playing more through the centre, especially when we are playing teams with defenders bigger than our forwards like tonight!!

I must admit that I thought Vitinha did pretty well when he was on. Coming on for your first Premier League experience with 15 mins. left when you're already 3 down can't be easy. Although maybe it's easier being 3 down, I don't know.
There's no doubt something has to improve in the defence but for me Dendoncker should be in midfield. I know he seems to split opinion a bit but I would have him in every match.

Posted by: Lupinehowler (IP Logged)
Date: 28 September, 2020 16:43

I think we rely too much on crosses into the box hoping that Raul will manage to get his head on it and whilst he’s handy with his head surely we should be able to play along the floor on the odd occasion. I really struggle to remember the last time I saw us play a defence splitting pass, we must have greater variety to our game if we are to progress and the players will lose interest if our limited tactics fail to bring results. The best teams can mix things up a bit if the need is there, we are failing in this respect so things need to change. Podence brings us some variety so hopefully Silva, Vitinha and Semedo will do the same once they have settled in.
Traore would be better utilised playing more centrally and bothering the defenders rather than trying to cross from the wing, a tactic that the opposition now quickly nullify.
Interesting times ahead.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net