MM leaves Ipswich
Posted by: Julius Cesar Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2018 11:47

So..Mick leaves Ipswich town with something of a bang.

I´m very split when it comes to McCarthy.A good or even very good Championship manager that do have the unfortunate disposition to overstay his welcome at times.

Micks biggest problem lies in his relationship with the average fan in the stands.
He is by his own proclamation a very stubborn man,and it shows when he is running towards a brick wall with football fans.
It became even uglier at Ipswich,but even when he managed us it was a pretty toxic situation towards the end.

He will have another go I think,but he is too old to change his ways and will always risk to be in trouble after a couple of seasons since he can´t manage the paying fans in the right way.

Would I buy Mick a pint?
Probably half a pint I think.He did good work for us and indeed Ipswich as well for a number of years,but most of it were spoilt towards the end.

Re: MM leaves Ipswich
Posted by: irishwolf (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2018 13:31

Mick has to get his own way or he will act like a spoiled child.
His football tactics are about 50 years old. As we have seen with Wolves and Sunderland - once he gets to the Premiership his game plan is to kick the ball as high up the pitch as possible. He has no football brain at all.
He will always do alright in the Championship where effort will always reap moderate rewards with the odd promotion here and there. He is a motivator.
His relationship with fans is poor to say the least - fans have a right to voice their opinion if they are watching poor football week in week out.
I have no doubt he will get another job on the nonsensical Manager merry go round.
Any Manager who is not willing to take on board some criticism will never improve.
Mick is not gonna change now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net