Current Page: 1 of 2
Wenger bashers
Posted by: HappyGööner (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2013 23:56

Padre, eddy, Merl, BG: Sanogo, Flamini, Viviano, and and OZIL. How do you like Wenger now?

http://media.tumblr.com/079d18c792f844cf10f2a926b4d96747/tumblr_inline_msghqn8Dfd1qh018b.gif

Re: Wenger bashers
Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2013 23:59

like has nothing to do with it
One swallow doesnt make a summer, we still needed a striker.
The squad is still understrength, we had 4 full backs on the pitch on Sunday, there still wont be a spare striker

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2013 00:03 by Padre Pio.

Posted by: Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 00:00

very much thank you

feel better?

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 00:02

Quote:
HappyGooner
Padre, eddy, Merl, BG: Sanogo, Flamini, Viviano, and and OZIL. How do you like Wenger now?
http://media.tumblr.com/079d18c792f844cf10f2a926b4d96747/tumblr_inline_msghqn8Dfd1qh018b.gif

Hypocritical snake-oil salesman.

Posted by: kunai16 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 00:03

He should have got Suarez too (Sm159)

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 00:04

i never believed in the Suarez bid it was a stunt that backfired

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 00:05

I think we can make it to january padre I think tying up a world class deal was the main objective and with madrid getting the bale deal you could see wenger waiting it out for this one I think we tried for benzema too

I think we also had a standard if we was gonna bring in a striker in a big deal and if not try for a loan as we did but at last resort keep bendtner at the end of the day any chance he gets he has to take he will want a new team so he can have a season of shop window with what ever chances he gets

I think theo will be 2nd choice if needed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2013 00:06 by Big Guhnz.

Posted by: HappyGööner (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 00:26

Quote:
HappyGooner

Quote:
Merlion96
Hypocritical snake-oil salesman.

Merl, you moan more that a woman. As a matter of fact, you moan more than a female feline in heat.

Posted by: Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 01:01

Quote:
Padre Pio
like has nothing to do with it
One swallow doesnt make a summer, we still needed a striker.
The squad is still understrength, we had 4 full backs on the pitch on Sunday, there still wont be a spare striker
Cant sign three players to cover for those who have medium term injuries. Just have to suck it up till they come back.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 01:31

Pleased to have made a top signing.
But otherwise a poor transfer window by Wenger.
It was obvious we needed more than one top player.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2013 07:35 by Boston Gooner.

Posted by: microdire (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 03:32

May be this is a change in the right direction for the club. It will be foolish to think that without a threat of fans mutiny they will pay that much for a player. True to his after game comment yesterday the gaffer surprised everybody including himself. I hope things can only get better transfer wise and winning trophy.

Posted by: De Times (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 04:40

Anyone who says this was a poor transfer window for Arsenal is a very big fool.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Posted by: celine dion (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 06:05

Just remember that the people coating Wenger and the board probably had a lot more influence on this transfer than people who fiercely defended the clubs inertia.

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 07:31

Quote:
celine dion
Just remember that the people coating Wenger and the board probably had a lot more influence on this transfer than people who fiercely defended the clubs inertia.

Give yourself a pat on the back for being wrong then Celine.
eye rolling smiley

Gotta say, after a summer of optimism, I feel pretty disappointed.
As Padre says, we needed a striker, and a cb too imho. Ok, so we did well enough with 3 cb's last season. We're not exactly well known for having luck with injuries though.
Still......
We have our marquee signing. Check.
We have spent over £40m. Check
Arsenal will look a more attractive option for other top players now. Check.
We also have a $hite load more money to spend in January, and next summer. Check.

If we want to become champions again, we'll need to keep acquiring these top players. Now Wenger has shown he's willing to do what it takes. Even if he's playing the long game, rather than doing a spurs and simply buying anyone who's available.

Posted by: kunai16 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 07:51

Yes, moaners didn't want this to happen, we wanted a 6mil moldova international, no moaners were asking Wenger to buy big or pay over the odds. Yes, moaners hate this.

Posted by: Eboractos (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 07:55

It's been a mediocre transfer window if we are intending to play 3-6-1 for the rest of the season.

We needed another striker so badly that even Giroud was saying it.

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 08:00

OG won't mind now he's ot someone who can supply him the majority of our goals!

Posted by: Slordio (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 11:11

I'm glad we didn't sign a mediocre striker. It leaves January open to buy a top one.

Fingers crossed Giroud stays fit until then. If not, Theo or Podolski (when fit) can play in the middle and will benefit from Ozil's through balls.

We need a bit of luck until January.

Posted by: stub20000 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 11:13

Wenger for me has still failed, how desperate does it look when he had all summer to get a striker, doesn't so says that bendtner will be backup, the same bendtner that has hardly played in 2 years or so, the same one that almost moved clubs at the last minute. Does anyone think that chelsea, man u or man city would keep an unwanted striker as their 2nd backup striker. Plus the guy is useless.

God help us if giroud gets injured while podolski is out. More shuffling and players in wrong positions from Wenger i would suspect

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2013 12:59

Aah ... have we signed Juan Veron?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net