Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Özil left out of squad
Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2019 22:51

What I dont understand here is what difference does Ozil make if he plays or not.
In the last year of Wenger we could hardly ever win away, that wasnt Ozil's fault as he didnt play all of them, but we didnt win when he played either.
Hardly a Henry or Vieira who could really change a game

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2019 06:58

Quote:
Padre Pio
What I dont understand here is what difference does Ozil make if he plays or not.
In the last year of Wenger we could hardly ever win away, that wasnt Ozil's fault as he didnt play all of them, but we didnt win when he played either.
Hardly a Henry or Vieira who could really change a game
I don't get it Padre. We were winning two nil when he and Ceballos were playing. In the second half we decided to shut shop and took off all the players who can create space, hold the ball under pressure in ceballos, ozil and guendouzi.

Out of all of them, only ozil has any capability to play the final. Ppl who are rejoicing the win in europa should also know that it came against a poor side and the final baal was either played by Martinelli, or a deflection or Tierney.

There is absolutely zero creativity in the midfield. Of course there is more than one way to win and looks like we are trying to play like liverpool and play 3 DMs attack with full backs. But surely when u don't have Tierney and Bellerin, u cannot play the same way. AMN is absolutely @#$%& on the ball.

Its ok to drop ozil if he doesn't fit your system or the way you want to play. But he's not lazy. He's just poor defensively. And Pepe is the same. Xhaka of course.

Date: 06 October, 2019 07:21

And henry / viera? Who in the current midfield is even a ray parlour? One should pick the best team to get results and not bad on prejudices. If we are getting results and other people are able to create enough for Aubameyang, pepe and the team is playing well, fine. But when you have players far worse defensively stinking they place out its just baffling from the board and emery. Playing mkhitaryan a day before he was gone was equally shambolic

Posted by: Ares (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2019 16:40

Anyway

1. As things stand Arsenal and Liverpool are the hardest teams to beat in The Premier League.

2. Only 1 Win stands between Arsenal and Manchester City.

3. We're Taking Second.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 16:44 by Ares.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 05:42

Dispite his inconsistency I still reckon MO is comfortably our best MF, let alone AMF and an awful lot of the problem with his inconsistency comes from his uncomfortableness with the playing style Emery is trying enforce within our squad.

When Emery arrived, he knew who our best MFer was. Did he not like what Ozil brings to the pitch?
Trying to change the style of a world class MFer is not something that brings positives come game-day, especially if the said MFer is 30 yrs old.

I'm sure Emery realised this early on and has simply squeezed O M out, rather than altering, even slightly, what he wants from the squad.
So the fault is on both sides, but more towards our manager IMO.

Date: 07 October, 2019 06:02

Quote:
weedz
Dispite his inconsistency I still reckon MO is comfortably our best MF, let alone AMF and an awful lot of the problem with his inconsistency comes from his uncomfortableness with the playing style Emery is trying enforce within our squad.
When Emery arrived, he knew who our best MFer was. Did he not like what Ozil brings to the pitch?
Trying to change the style of a world class MFer is not something that brings positives come game-day, especially if the said MFer is 30 yrs old.

I'm sure Emery realised this early on and has simply squeezed O M out, rather than altering, even slightly, what he wants from the squad.
So the fault is on both sides, but more towards our manager IMO.
Yep hot don't really change as a footballer one u are thirty.
Emery wants a nos 10 that's more like a nos 8 whose main job is to stifle the opposition nos ala Jose Mourinho and his user of Oscar.

His main attacking players are his wingers and wing backs.

Whether we like it or not, this style of play this style of play is here to stay

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net