Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are we wrong about Granit Xhaka?
Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 15:41

Quote:
weedz
I think that Xhaka plays great footy, if plays the role of the deep-lying play maker come holding MF.
Playing as a DMF isn't his game, nor has he got the physicality or technic for that role.
But much like Ozil he is being made to play roles that don't really suit him.
I'd have have him playing centrally , in front of Chambers, along side either Gwen or Willock, but that setup wouldn't press as well as what Emery's setup does and so it won't happen.
I would play Ozil/Cabelos as AMFs, centrally behind Auba and Laca/Pepe and use Bellerin and Tierney to give me width. And I'd play Luiz and Holding as the CBs.

.........................................Leno
Bellerin.............Luiz..................Holding...................Tierney
.........................................Chambers
.............................Xhaka.......................Willock/Gwen
...............................................Ozil/Cabelos
............................Pepe/Laca........................Auba.

If we've got the fire power up front, we have to set ourselves up to service that firepower..
The xavi alonso /michael carrick role is kind of extinct from football. Not that it cant be reviwed but the best teams have playera that can do both. Kante is of course the epitome of that current role. Defensively solid, mobile and can pass well.

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 21:06

Jeez … like a teetotaller of an Irishman who refuses to walk pass a pub, why called him a rooster?
A c.ock is a c.ock by any name.

'Unai Emery is tiptoeing around Wenger Legacy hoping to safely make it to the death of his Arsenal career.'

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2019 12:22

He's not a rooster.

Posted by: BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2019 15:19

Where Xhaka has inexcusably been thrown under the bus is by being made captain. He was a bang average player (at best) who the vast majority of fans didn't like anyway, yet Dracula somehow came to the conclusion that on that basis to make him captain as well.

He can hide behind 'the players chose the captain' but that is both incompetent and gutless. The captain is who represents you on the field and will get your philosophy and orders across on the pitch week in week out.

Xhaka however I think I would struggle to name even a handful of memorable performances he's had in the 4 years he's been at the club. A lot of Liverpool fans are not happy with Jordan Henderson for similar reasons to Xhaka in that he cannot find a forward pass to save his life and is nowhere near good enough for the standard they are aiming for. However at least Henderson has leadership qualities and puts a shift every week where as Xhaka is not only s.hit, he is bone idle lazy and strolls around the pitch every game .... even when we're in dire need of a goal and need to get him off the f.ucking pitch urgently he does it at a snails pace.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Posted by: Ares (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2019 17:16

🏹

https://direct.rhapsody.com/imageserver/images/alb.231456246/500x500.jpg

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net