Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 13:46

Yes a really poor finish to the season

Under new managment

Re: This Arsenal team Is rubbish
Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 14:28

We got suckered prioritizing europa.

I was ok with it tbh. Id prefer europa over top 4 even if it meant risking coming 4th. We would have been battered in the ucl this year, we are no are not at the required level even now. We will be better prepared next year after couple more transfer windows and a year to bed in the likes of ceballos, pepe, Tierney,luiz.

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 16 October, 2019 18:34

I agree with him if he did prioritise winning the Europa League. I'd have done the same. But it's a gamble, and it backfired, so there's no use in blaming Wenger.

I don't even know if I'd agree there has been a difficult transition.

We've reached a European final, reduced the wage bill by £45 million and broken our transfer record a little over a year after Wenger left. We're not going to get a lot of sympathy from rival fans.

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 08:07

Quote:
Shane
The transition would've been a lot easier had we qualified for the Champions League last season, but we won one point from matches against Leicester, Crystal Palace, Wolves and Brighton toward the end of the campaign.

We didn't have any squad depth last season. This time around we should last the full season better.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 10:14

Quote:
SuperRob
Quote:
Shane
The transition would've been a lot easier had we qualified for the Champions League last season, but we won one point from matches against Leicester, Crystal Palace, Wolves and Brighton toward the end of the campaign.

We didn't have any squad depth last season. This time around we should last the full season better.
We need to do build up a lead before feb so that we can hang on.

The pbm comes when other teams are fighting for their lives. Id disagree on the squad depth thing. We will be without ozil, ramsey, elneny, mkhitaryan,monreal, kos, cech, iwobi come February this season.

As much as we don't like them, they had experience playing at that level and we knew what to expect. Some of them like monreal, iwobi, ramsey and kos were big players over the years.

Holding, tierney, willock, pepe, Ceballos, martinez, saka, Martinelli are their replacements this season.

Yes they are promising and good but completely untested at EPL level.

There is no way to gauge if they will perform any better than the ones i mentioned in every pressure come the business end of the season.

Of course we can be hopeful but one can easily argue that the squad depth is about the same. We've replaced older experienced players with hungry but largely unproven players.

Is not like we added proven performers to claim an increase in depth.

Of course when they go on an perform this year come the business end, when we end this season, we can claim to have squad depth next season.

If chambers struggles in a game against a quick winger and Bellerin is out for a few games like last year, we are back to AMN or mustafi at RBsmiling smiley so it's not a drastically different squad.

I'm hopeful for Tierney and guendouzi. I have my doubts about everyone else when the going gets tough

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2019 15:23 by CazOnARola.

Posted by: AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 10:47

He has finally WOKEN!!!

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Posted by: Shane (IP Logged)
Date: 17 October, 2019 20:15

Quote:
SuperRob

That's true, but even still we just bottled it in my opinion. We were fourth with four games to go and those were against Wolves, Leicester, Brighton and Burnley. Forget fourth - we would've finished third had we beaten Palace at the Emirates instead of losing. Plus, Emery didn't really make wholesale changes during these games. I remember Aubameyang, Ozil and Lacazette starting most of them.

Posted by: kunai16 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 09:37

[quote CazOnARola][quote SuperRob][quote Shane]

The pbm comes when other teams are fighting for their lives. Id disagree on the squad depth thing. We will be without ozil, ramsey, elneny, mkhitaryan,monreal, kos, cech, iwobi come February this season.

As much as we don't like them, they had experience playing at that level and we knew what to expect. Some of them like monreal, iwobi, ramsey and kos were big players over the years.

Holding, tierney, willock, pepe, Ceballos, martinez, saka, Martinelli are their replacements this season.

Yes they are promising and good but completely untested at EPL level.

There is no way to gauge if they will perform any better than the ones i mentioned in every pressure come the business end of the season.[/quote]

This.

If we kept the ones that left and added the ones that came in you can argue squad depth but 5 out 5 in doesn't cut it.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net