Posted by: djarse (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 12:09

Nice programme here for those who like to reminisce about those heady days:

[arseblog.news]

Re: Ian Wright and Denis Bergkamp
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 14:58

Brill.
What would Bergkamp be worth in today's market.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 15:10

Not very much he is 50 now

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 15:26

Quote:
Padre Pio
Not very much he is 50 now

(Sm152)

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: djarse (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 15:34

Both players in their own ways had real class

Posted by: MickTheMan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 21:48

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Brill.
What would Bergkamp be worth in today's market.

Something around 150mln euro for me.

There is no similar player to Dennis Bergkamp. He would once again transform us into title contenders.

Posted by: Bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 16:27

Sublime player

Under new managment

Posted by: younghansolo (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 20:10

Controversial....but I'm not actually sure if Bergkamp would be as effective today. The game is so quick and physical.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 08:15

Quote:
younghansolo
Controversial....but I'm not actually sure if Bergkamp would be as effective today. The game is so quick and physical.
Great players adapt to the game around them. Of course if you were to pluck him or if time and directly put him here then it wouldn't work. But if u bring his younger self here (17 or so), he comes good by the time he is 21.

Great players find a way to become great in the era that their born because the reason the become great is not because of their skills but their brains and their ability to understand the mechanics of acquiring said skills along with tremendous work ethic.

Greizemann is an example of a nos 10 thriving purely on his intelligence and technical qualities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 08:17 by CazOnARola.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net