Current Page: 1 of 2
Aaron Ramsey is a cash cow
Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 21:01

Aaron Ramsey could be sold by Juventus at the end of his first season with the Serie A table toppers after an injury-strewn campaign in which the Wales midfielder has been restricted to just 12 league appearances.
The 29-year-old became the highest-earning British player ever based on basic salary when he joined Juve in July in a deal worth more than £400,000 a week, but has only featured sporadically because of a series of fitness issues.
Ramsey has been troubled by injuries over recent years and missed the final five matches of Arsenal's 2018-19 Premier League season with a thigh problem before ending his 11-year spell at the club and signing a contract with the Italian champions until 2023.

Juventus incurred costs of £3.2million when they added Ramsey to their ranks and could now look to cash in on a player who has turned out for just 569 minutes in Serie A so far, according to Tuttosport.
He replaced Douglas Costa for the final 18 minutes as Juve passed up a 65th-minute lead given to them by Cristiano Ronaldo to slump to a shock 2-1 defeat on Saturday at Verona, who scored twice in the final 14 minutes of normal time.
Speaking after Juventus won 2-1 at Roma on January 12, Bianconeri boss Maurizio Sarri said he was 'convinced' Ramsey would have a good second half of the season and described him as 'doing well', adding: 'To come from England and play with us is not easy.

He had a series of physical problems at the beginning. We had to wait and now I like how he is emerging.'
Ramsey has started six times in Serie A and twice in the Champions League, scoring once in each competition.
He netted on his debut on September 21 as Juve came from behind to beat Verona 2-1 at the Allianz Stadium, and offered an apology to Ronaldo after denying the striker a goal by poking his goal-bound free-kick over the line in a 2-1 win at Lokomotiv Moscow on November 6.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Juventus "Mesut Ozil".

Can you move a player who refused to leave?

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Re: Aaron Ramsey is a cash cow
Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 09:02

If he has the contract he can insist on staying until its paid in full. Bale refused to leave Real Madrid

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 09:11

I wonder if Juve had even looked at Ramsey's history with us. He had a lot of time out injured, including the last few weeks of his time with us. I don't see why Ramsey would move on when he's getting massive 400k per week, why would he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2020 09:50 by goonerred.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 09:46

We did well to shift him with his record.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 13:50

Quote:
Boston Gooner

Did well to shift him? He left for free so we didn't receive a dime. Should have sold him the previous season.

On those wages, there is no chance Juve will be able to get rid as well and get a transfer fee for him. I guess he'll be loaned out instead.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Date: 10 February, 2020 13:53

We would have been stuck with him.

Date: 10 February, 2020 14:45

I think a PL club ouitside the top 6 would have come in for him.

Top 6 that used to be top 4 until United finshed outside the top 4.

Date: 10 February, 2020 14:49

Quote:
goonerred

Not for his wages.

Date: 10 February, 2020 15:29

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

Not for his wages.
No, but in the scenairo that he could go on a free, somebody would have had him.

Posted by: Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 16:47

Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

Not for his wages.
No, but in the scenairo that he could go on a free, somebody would have had him.

Juve aren't gonna give him away for free, he's a quality player when fit. A lot of top teams in prem league will deffo take him on loan if offered which is the only realistic solution if they want rid without suffering big financial losses.

We should be working on a deal to loan him back in that case!

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Date: 10 February, 2020 18:40

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

Not for his wages.
I'm meaning before he left us. He could have run down his contract and somebody would have had him. Not now, he's paid too much he won't go

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 19:24

Quote:
Boston Gooner

We didn't shift him. We offered him a contract extension, which Emery cancelled.
We didn't shift him on. We let him go. We had no say in where he went. He could of ended up at Spurs.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: Willy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 22:37

He shifted us if anything. Which was his right after poor management of his contract. Injury prone or otherwise he has been a loss to the team. Under appreciated player by AFC fans according to Wales fans, and they are probably right

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 23:31

Good player, too many injuries, we were right not to pay him £250k a week but wrong not to
sell him when he had a year left on his contract

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 01:55

Quote:
Flava
Good player, too many injuries, we were right not to pay him £250k a week but wrong not to

Date: 11 February, 2020 06:56

Quote:
Flava

Posted by: Ares (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 08:50

Working Holiday In Italy

£20.8 Million A Year

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 13:50

Quote:
weedz
Quote:
Boston Gooner

We didn't shift him. We offered him a contract extension, which Emery cancelled.
We didn't shift him on. We let him go. We had no say in where he went. He could of ended up at Spurs.

The contract agreed was about £300,000pw after Ramsey and his agent led us down the primrose path by dilly-dally for one whole year, which in hindsight, we should sell him off immediately instead of losing him for free.

It was a last-minute "break-through" with his agent threatening now and then to leave.

I doubt Emery has the guts to pull the contract; more like Sanllehi who might got cold feet or Josh did not agreed to it.

But Ramsey deserved what he got … that is, leaving Arsenal and I do not want to see this asshole back again after holding us for ransom thinking he is another 'Mesut Ozil".

Date: 11 February, 2020 14:07

Quote:
Merlion96
Quote:
weedz
Quote:
Boston Gooner

The contract agreed was about £300,000pw after Ramsey and his agent led us down the primrose path by dilly-dally for one whole year, which in hindsight, we should sell him off immediately instead of losing him for free.

It was a last-minute "break-through" with his agent threatening now and then to leave.

I doubt Emery has the guts to pull the contract; more like Sanllehi who might got cold feet or Josh did not agreed to it.

But Ramsey deserved what he got … that is, leaving Arsenal and I do not want to see this asshole back again after holding us for ransom thinking he is another 'Mesut Ozil".
Worked well for him, he's earning more than Ozil. Football is bonkers!

Posted by: SandyB (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 19:24

You call this 'cash cow' (Sm100) who's gonna buy him with that kinda wage?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net